So I did “Getting away with it” as my first ever outdoor workout yesterday…
- it was great, nice way to combine a training plan and a proper ride
- The simplified profile and power zone ranges are great, help a lot for outdoors
- it’s really hard to keep the power numbers within the target zone ranges, maybe this will come with practice though
- like the default workout page on my Element Bolt
- My outdoor session doesn’t show up in my “Getting away with it” activity history. I know it’s not comparable with the indoor sessions, but still it would be good to access the activity history here, like the indoor sessions
- After the ride, in the Activity Details, it would be great to see the target power ranges superimposed on the measurements so that I can see how close my power measurements were to the targets
Anyway, was fun, will do it again… cheers!
I like it too. Especially the Novids I find easy to do outside (like endurance with some MAP efforts).
I don’t think it will ever show up as a getting away with it. Simply because you do not have to be on target to complete the ride.
The actual an targeted power overlay would indeed be useful.
Great photo…where is that?
Thanks! Southern Bavaria, looking south to the Austrian Alps. Lucky enough to call this my backyard.
Wo im Sudbayern?
Lived near Rosenheim for a number of years, raced for a club right at the foot of those Alps. I know Wendelstein and her sisters veeeery well.
Nice! Over by Rosenheim is also a lovely part of the world for cycling. I’m a bit to the west of there, by Ammersee. Looking towards Garmisch and Füssen in the photo.
Aww, I know Garmisch well. Hiked Zugspitze once - overnighted in a hut. And gave more relatives a tour of Oberammergau than I’d care to mention.
(Speaking in American) “We got great tickets for a flight into Frankfurt - that’s not far from where you live, is it?”
That’s an awesome view!
So far, I have only taken those Endurance No-Vid workout outdoors, and like you mention, it’s actually quite difficult to keep to the power targets for me too, mainly because of the road undulations which I come across.
But once the road really flattens out, it’s not pretty easy to maintain a steady power.
Sorry if you already know this, but if you track the cursor over the graphs, the target vs actual values (power, cadence, etc.) are displayed.
Hmmm… not sure what you mean, in the SYSTM desktop app and the ELEMNT mobile app I only get my recorded values, not the target values…
Sorry about that, you are correct. I was thinking of indoor rides.