G.o.a.t

Hi there

Road G.O.A.T today on SystemX as part of my planned fitness schedule

I prepared for a 1:30 hour training as announced having two water bottles ready but the workout only lasted 45 minutes and the one bottle was more than enough

Not a big problem but please check the numbers :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi, could you confirm where you saw a 1.5 hour timeframe for G.O.A.T? I’ve just had a look and can’t find that anywhere.
My screenshots are here, but the erroneous description you saw must be outside of the actual workout library? In the challenge text?

3 Likes

You were supposed to do it twice :wink:

6 Likes

Yeah sorry I can reproduce it, seems to be ok now

I scheduled the Fitness Kickstarter on my calendar, and the entry on the calendar showed 1:30 hours
It was scehduled in May and the workout didn’t have the June Monthly Challenge tag at the time

As I started the workout it stated 45 min as shown
Maybe a glitch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Argh, still annoying tho.

2 Likes

Last weekend I had a 3-4 hour ride planned with all my fuel ready to go. Then my alarm didn’t go off and I only managed an hour and 20 minutes on the trainer. :pleading_face: So I understand your frustration.

2 Likes

[quote=“pb07, post:10, topic:21130, full:true”]
Another way of thinking about this is - how does it compare to a steady state 3 hour sub threshold ride? It’s waaaaaay harder :slight_smile:

So yes it does totally hit you harder than just pedalling at a consistent 75-80% - but - having a lot of endurance training makes it feel easier than it would otherwise
[/quote]Absolutely! The intermittent nature of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) can indeed make it feel more challenging than consistent, steady-state cycling at 75-80%. However, individuals with a solid foundation in endurance training may experience HIIT as more manageable due to their enhanced cardiovascular fitness and stamina.

HIIT’s effectiveness lies in its ability to push your body to work at its maximum capacity during short bursts, followed by brief recovery periods. This not only improves cardiovascular fitness but also promotes fat burning and boosts overall metabolic rate.

While it might feel more demanding, especially during the intense intervals, the benefits, including increased endurance, improved cardiovascular health, and efficient calorie burning, often outweigh the perceived difficulty.

Remember, the key is to find a balance that aligns with your fitness goals and personal preferences. Whether you prefer the steady grind of endurance training or the intensity of HIIT, both approaches contribute to a well-rounded fitness routine.

2 Likes