G.o.a.t

I’ve finally met the laser goats! What was your first encounter like?

5 Likes

Hello !
How do you feel the day after ?
I feel like sh*** and sore, I can hear my muscles growing
Low cadence sucks …

Definitely sore! Legs. abs and back too from maintaining that stillness.

1 Like

Yesss !!! Holy Mother of GvA !!!

I like this one.
I find low cadence and strength to my advantage.

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here. :grin:

13 Likes

Sir @John_S magnificent suffering!

1 Like

This is me today! And aggravated hernia. :confounded::sleepy:. Still uts done and onto the next one! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I felt surprisingly okay after this grindfest. Which is odd because I’m rubbish at core strength exercises!

2 Likes

Grinding low cadence was so though, I felt stuck. I think is a good workout but be careful if you have some issue on your low back :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

1 Like

I met the laser goats for the first time at the end of January during G.O.A.T, but they struck again during Standing Starts on the 2nd February and again in Suf Idol last night.

Only laser goats are so precise that they can give you a puncture while on a turbo trainer.

3 Likes

You must have been just a little too comfortable.

1 Like

When I pump up the tire on my trainer (I almost typed “tyre” :wink: ), I also rotate the wheel so that the same spokes do not bear all the weight all the time.

1 Like

Thought it would be great activation workout as i felt like something left in the tank yesterday.
Well it felt hard during the workout, but my legs have been cryin tonight and are just crampy and toasted now… praise the lord of Sufferlandria and never underestimate the G.O.A.T. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haaa. The first time I did GOAT was when I was very new to the Sufferfest and paid no attention to the cadence targets. it seemed reaaaally easy. More experienced next time in, I nearly fell off my bike!

3 Likes

Hahahahah, same story here. Glad i´m not left alone with this feeling and special kind of suffering afterwards. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ian Boswell 3 Strength Endurance 5 x 4 mins at 55 rpm on the tops/drops standing and sitting then last set 1 x 5 mins at 110 rpm that workout is an absolute mare legs are burning on the last low cadence

2 Likes

some hard suffering for lunch with limited time. Thought it would be smart to push it through @ 120% … well hard suffering while finishing @110 % and again… never mess with the G.O.A.T. hahahhaha

I don:t have a smart trainer, using a Kurt kinetic, I was using about a 53/13 or 14 for most of the intervals, and may have used the 53/12 some. With that said I did not find it all that hard but I did it with really fresh legs as I had a lite week and two days rest before the workout. I have it on the schedule again for Wednesday am going to up the wattage 5% and see what that gets me. When I was done I felt like I could have done the workout again so something was not right.

I suspect that low cadence workouts are easier on dumb trainers with limited resistance because the high gearing you then need to generate enough resistance leads to a high flywheel speed which is easier to keep moving. G.O.A.T certainly feels nothing like grinding up a hill on mine, its more akin to riding a high speed flat TT at low cadence.