Half Monty is killing music from Bandcamp

Aaand that makes it quaternary.

:wink:

2 Likes

I had 3 wisdom teeth :tooth: out last Wednesday!! Ouch!! I can laugh now but I wasnā€™t laughing after the surgery. I was busy trying to work out how someone snuck into the theatre and punched the crap out my face while I was under the general anesthetic!!! :face_with_head_bandage:. Iā€™ve no idea how you were even thinking about laughing a couple of hours after having them removed.

Managed to go for a ride today though so all good.

2 Likes

Vicodin

2 Likes

ā€¦is your friend. :wink:

2 Likes

Vitamin V doesnā€™t work for me. I feel really groggy and like I was punched in the head. Also, it makes me feel like I was mouth breathing outside for hours (we are really, really dry right now).

I took one V a couple hours after my wisdom teeth were removed, dozed away the afternoon, took a couple regular Tylenol and went to sleep for the night. On the couple occasions when Iā€™ve needed repeat doses, Iā€™ve felt terrible.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s called oxycodone down here, and yes itā€™s been my friend too. Just out if interest though, how long did you need to take it post surgery. Iā€™m coming up to 7 days now and still getting a fair bit of pain if I stop taking the painkillers. I was hoping to be pain free by now. Maybe I was wildly optimistic!!!

1 Like

I was lucky with the pain. I took one oxycodone/Vicodin a few hours after and one Tylenol before I went to sleepā€”and that was it.

Seven days seems like a long time on narcotic pain killers. You might want to check with the oral surgeon to make sure everything is okay (no infection, no dry socket). For context, when my son broke his back, he was only on narcotic pain killers for 8 or 9 daysā€”and that was much worse than getting wisdom teeth out.

Thanks and I agree. Iā€™ll go back to the surgeon. I donā€™t think thereā€™s an infection or a dry socket but Iā€™ll check to be sure. Thanks heaps for replying.

1 Like

Good luck. Iā€™m sure the pain and discomfort will resolve soon. Then you just have the nuisance of eating without chewing over the wounds and keeping food particles out. For me that mostly ended after 4 or 5 weeksā€”but improved throughout.

1 Like

If you still have pain after THREE days post surgery/extraction for a Wisdom Tooth you need to see your surgeon/dentist on an emergency basis. You shouldnā€™t be in pain enough to require opioids. Iā€™ve had all four of mine removed and the dentist gave me enough for one day and told me to return if I was still in pain or still bleeding. Itā€™s time to pack up and see them NOW. I suspect an infection. Dry socket is so painful that you wonā€™t be able to think straight.

1 Like

All good everyone. As suggested I went back for a checkup. All good, no infection, no dry socket and off all the painkillers now!!

Iā€™m guessing I must be a bit soft. Back training again now, but jeez that knocked me around way more than I thought it would!!
:tooth::syringe::face_with_head_bandage:

4 Likes

Glad all is well

Glad all is well. Sounds like nerve bruising. I have partial feeling on the right side of my face due to nerve damage when they extracted my wisdom teeth. Not much pain but when I press on the bottom of my jaw for a long time, my face goes numb as well as my teeth. Makes for fun riding if I cinch up my helmet too tight.