Music in general and music for the 1/2 Monty?

I am still in the 14 day plan… I recently did the half Monty, and at least on the iPad it does not seem possible to play music at the same time as using the SYSTM app… Am I wrong about this? Is there any way to make it so that we can have some inspirational music while we do a fitness test?

I also missed having background music in the Neal Henderson velodrome video, it would have made it more inspiring to have some music, it’s a nice workout but a little dry…

The sufferfest videos have great music and they inspire you to do your best and sometimes - though not always! pedaling to the beat helps with the cadence :smile: and I know that can’t happen always as the app adjusts the cadence to your fitness level test results…

I’m enjoying my 14 day plan and will definitely sign up, but please, fitness test music I’d say would help a lot… me, anyways! :laughing:

1 Like

There’s music in the Full Frontal :innocent:

2 Likes

I have to thank @emacdoug for this.

If you switch back and forth between Spotify** and Systm a few times then the music should stay on. Start your playlist then open Systm (music will go off), open and start Spotify again and repeat. After 4 or 5 switches the music should stay on. Don’t ask me why!

** other streaming services are available.

2 Likes

I just use my iPhone for music and my iPad for the workout.

2 Likes

Ah! Thanks!, I tried only twice, will persevere! :smiley:

Oh dear! I’m gonna have to bite the bullet! :laughing:

This has been driving me crackers.
Used to work fine in the previous app.
The music really is not to my taste at all.

1 Like

I have enjoyed the music in prior Sufferfest workouts and am missing Wahoo not adding music to a lot of the new workouts. I’ve ended up running SYSTM off my laptop and then putting in earbuds and getting music off my phone. It works, but I’d love to see Wahoo add music in for the newer workout series.

Welcome @Kuttermax!

On a laptop running the desktop version of SYSTM, you should have no problem getting sound from other laptop applications. I’ll stream a podcast, or music from Bandcamp, via the browser while running SYSTM on the same computer - there doesn’t seem to be any conflict on the desktop platform; it’s the iOS platform that gives problems.

1 Like

I am with @way9e0 – alternative music source, like a Spotify playlist, is the way to go

I think for Half Monty in particular, being able to choose your own music, especially for the ramp is a good idea - what does it for me is quite likely different to the next person!

Yes, I guess you’re right about using your own playlists but on iOS, the SYSTM app does not play nicely with the audio driver and so Spotify is muted as soon as the workout starts… they have posted a clumsy workaround but it needs fixing anyway, urgently, to accommodate those of us on iPads.

1 Like

Sure, but on iOS SYSTM mutes Spotify when the workout starts unless you do a clumsy workaround of starting and exiting another workout that has music on it… needs fixing, so it can be a straightforward operation.

Oh, I always use my MacBook to run SYSTM – I was unaware of the iOS issue.

The workaround is here: https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408409780242-iOS-Music-Issue-Troubleshooting
But it does need fixing… imagine trying to use the no vid ones with this faff every time you want to use the app on iOS, it’s basically put me off using it.

The iOS workaround works erratically, and I have yet to get it to allow me to listen to another music source while also still getting Sound Effects. This does need to get escalated and fixed. I’ve tried all the tips from others on this, including uninstalling the app and restarting, switching to a different iPad, killing the other music app first, etc. there is no systematic way I have found to make the SYSTM iOS app work reliable with any alternate music source on iOS without killing Sound Effects.

1 Like