No Vids shutting off Itunes on Ipad

I’m probably just being an idiot. This morning I was able to turn off the sound on one of the Mike Cotty videos (sorry, Mike) and play my own music with the video still running. But, when I switched to No-Vid workouts (I tried more than one), starting to ride would turn off ITunes. I had toggled “sound off”.

Anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong here? I never had this problem before (in the old app).

Even though there is no music on the NoVids, turn music off as well. And you are not being an idiot.

Cheers,
Spencer

2 Likes

I could have sworn I did that, and I checked a few times. From inside the Settings box, right? Not in some other place.

This is an iOS issue right now. SYSTM takes over your audio and shuts down whatever non-SYSTM audio you are running. If I switch back and forth between SYSTM and Apple Music about 4 or 5 times I can usually get my music to keep running in the background. Just takes patience.

1 Like

Yep, just make sure you do it before you start the workout. Plus what @emacdoug said.

1 Like

Thanks, both of you. Perhaps the easiest workaround is just to use my phone for music and the Ipad for the workout. I mostly do SFest videos anyway, so it’s not a big issue. We’ve just had such a gorgeous and long Fall here that I have only begun to use SYSTM… :- )

2 Likes

That’s essentially what I did, this morning. I used SYSTM to run Half Monty on my PC and listened to music on my phone with headphones. So, basically the same thing.

3 Likes

Exactly what I do, as well

3 Likes