Heart rate tracking in strength and yoga sessions

Right now I have to track HR in Strava so I can upload to training peaks. Also does estimate calories in Wahoo companion app when syncing to Apple Fitness.

2 Likes

@Mark_C_Ryan That won’t change until there is a new workout player. For yoga and even some strength videos the HrTSS is low so you probably are not missing too much.

2 Likes

Echoing this. Whoop strain for yoga is typically 0, occasionally a 4 (esp after taking a visit to the tool shed located in SUF mines in the valley of the 9 hammers). The longer strength videos (25+ minutes) and the dynamic videos seem to average about a 4 too.

2 Likes

I use a TSS of 7 for yoga. It’s based on the fact that some workouts will raise your HR to the point where it is actually increasing the eustress on your body.

I track yoga and strength sessions on my Apple Watch, then upload those to Training Peaks and Strava. For a while I was tracking runs with my Tickr X and the Wahoo App on my phone, but with the new metrics with WatchOS 9 I leave my phone (and strap) at home since none of the metrics were imported from the Wahoo app to SYSTM in any case.

1 Like

Yes please, it was a little confusing as a new user to strength workouts yesterday as part of the plan and the heart rate not being tracked,

@MrHyde The workout player doesn’t support that now but it is on the roadmap.

1 Like

Noted, I was just adding my 2 pence or cents :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rumors are tgat the proposed new workout player will include this and more. Until it is placed into production, we won’t know.