Hell hath no fury is driving me nut

Well done!

1 Like

Brilliant, well done indeed.

Isn’t it glorious!?!

1 Like

I am touched.

No love for the 3 4 min Time Trials at the end of Blender then, we need a new one with Roglic, Van Aert and Ganna now that Tony Martin has retired.

Something is wrong, since day 1 with something in either hardware or software, not The Sufferfest app, I get a lot of ‘0’ and I am pedaling … When there is a longish pause, usually, pee or dogs walk in and have to stop pedaling so I don’t hit them or their ears gets caught in chain …

But, this workout is simply, glorious … I have been granted its presence 3x in my last All Ciclyng plan the same week I get to Shovel or Revolver and 14 Vise Grips … That was a week to remember

4 Likes

So I had nothing scheduled in on my Tour Prep today, but I missed an endurance ride on Saturday so I thought what the heck, let’s go with one of the classic SUF workouts. Well it wasn’t easy but I got through HHNF more easily than I had done ever previously.

But it got me thinking, do we now have enough women’s racing footage in SUF videos for the Tour one year to be exclusively comprised of women’s racing? It would be super awesome.

5 Likes

I wonder why the motorcycle is actually mixed in the pack at the start of film? Never seen that in a men’s race.

I thought I’d revisit this thread. Having looked back I had only done HHNF once since last March. That made me sad, so I did it this afternoon.

After the 3 ‘on’ weeks of high volume MAP block I’m feeling I’ve improved so took the targets up by 6%. It was tough but I got through it. I took it to +10% for the last TTT and Emilia et al got me through that too. Badasses the lot of them.

What a bloomin’ brilliant session.

Of course this means re-test time :expressionless:

2 Likes

That would be great, though tough as &@%$ !

1 Like

Just about the level of the original HHNF. Yep, you might want to visit the Pain Parlour. The Minions wait with glee to inflict maximum Suffering. Let us know how it goes (increases/decreases only).

First time doing HHNF today. Long time sprinter, trying to improve my sustained efforts. MAN I hated that. Apparently set my 1 hour power record, too. Felt like it!

:fire::fire::fire:

#girlsonbikes

Not gonna lie. That’s not what I imagined GvA would look like. Guess I pictured an angry Phil Liggett.

:smirk:

4 Likes

Well done. Now it’s time for Defender which - as a fellow sprinter, I can assure you - is HELL ON WHEELS.

5 Likes

Roger @David.McQuillen.KoS. Done Defender many times, I think HHNF was way worse. Those 20min efforts were…unpleasant.

#sprintersunite
#ontherivets

4 Likes

You should have done the OLD HHNF. The second 20 minute interval was at 106%. Reset my FTP every time I rode it. And yes, I could do it on the NEW FTP back then. Ended up with a 60W gain over about six months. Then I did a real FTP test for one of the coaches. Boy was I bummed. That showed me NOT to follow increase suggestions. It might also have injured me for life.

1 Like

Honestly, give me Revolver, 9H and 14VG any day.

4 Likes

I’m with you Cap’n! HHNF is a beast. A beast you MUST include in your knighthood quest. I am also a “sprinter” and those 20min efforts are FUGLY but that little time trial at the end is just plain mean.

3 Likes

I think this is why I really, really do not like Cobbler either.

3 Likes

On Location’s Cygnet Coast Road. That’s my kinda’ session.

1 Like

Like Glen C. says about that one, “Brilliant!”

2 Likes

Cobbler is so much harder than it looks, but the footage is amazing. HHNF and Cobbler are my Kryptonite as an attacker.

I’m slowly learning to love the dark side of sustained efforts.

2 Likes