Long Scream Confusion

Sorry to bother everyone again. Having just finished the above im not sure if im doing something wrong!
I am sticking to cadence target and just over the power target but HR is way lower than target. Should I be ignoring the power target and going in harder gear to up the heart rate?

im using direct drive with Precision crank power meter and heart rate strap.
Cheers
Simon

1 Like

Are you following on of the SUF training plans? If yes, please check you calendar for a clipboard icon. The clipboard indicates that there are coaching notes to accompany the ride- these usually include adjustments in intensity if the whole workout or individual 4DP metrics. The power zones are adjusted but not the heart rate zones. It looks like you had Long Scream as a reduced intensity ride. Your plan will be 2-3 weeks of build followed by 1 week of recovery/reduced intensity. Email us at theminions@thesufferfest.com if you have more questions

1 Like

Hello Janis.
I actually thought that might be the case. Please ignore the email I sent ou asking the same question. So I should be sticking to cadence and power targets as a rule?
Cheers

Simon

1 Like

Aim for power and cadence targets (in that order), let HR take care of itself. Don’t worry too much if your heart rate doesn’t match up.

For additional context Simon - the software doesn’t dynamically change HR ever - that’s ‘just one of those things’. It’s actually quite hard to do as people could be riding off ERG to all sorts of different power profiles (compared to target power) and various other reasons.

So yes, just ride to Power (and Cadence) as has already been replied above.

Some people will even just not display HR (I do but if the workout is designed as reduced intensity (power) in a plan I switch off HR display for those)

Sir Martin, what a star you are, thank you. I shall do exactly as you say it sounds good. Got cadence builds tomorrow which I enjoyed the first time so looking forward to that. Then on Thursday the dreaded “A very Dark Place”

By the way, it would be great to have an option not to display hr when intensity is reduced

There is an option to turn off HR when doing any SUF vid from the settings icon.

1 Like

@spoons52 - We have this handy guide to help you determine if you should be focusing on power or cadence during the different workouts. Power or Cadence, ERG or Level

@Gilles.T - @Glen.Coutts is correct - you can turn off any of the metrics on the display screen - just click on the display tab within the workout settings and you can toggle off any of the metrics you don’t want to view!

Cheers!

1 Like

I know about this, but I meant a tickbox somewhere, so HR display is automatically hidden when doing reduced intensity workouts

1 Like

My HR is almost always lower than the target range, I max out at about 154 and cannot hold that for long, while HR targets during workouts ask for things in the 160s

I think it would be easier for us to just deselect it when doing a reduced workout than for the programmers to add that option in to the app. That said, you could always make the suggestion in the #the-sufferfest-software:feature-requests category.