Hell hath no fury is driving me nut

That makes one of us. Had HHNF over the weekend, threshold block threw The Wretched at me today. Gee thanks - hated it.

:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

well think of it this way, it was still performance improvement! . . . just maybe not FTP.

fwiw, i’m the same way. standalone 20 min tests (x.95) generally way overestimate my FTP.

1 Like

I have HHNF and Angels on mp4, and have done these on RPE many times on a dumb trainer over a number of years (only subscribed to app 18 months ago). Switch to smart trainer and power targets. Wow, Angels much easier, HHNF soooo much harder. I am a sprinter.

3 Likes

My own battle story and how this thread helped me beat HHNF.

Did HHNF thee days ago while was reasonably rested, yet doing 3 Strength session the days prior to it as part of a preparation for a week long DH ride at Leogang.
Felt a bit fatigued into the first 10 minutes of first set. It was at this point that heart rate broke the suggested limits. Slowly goes into Zone 5 and remaining there for the last 5 minutes.
I was close to my max HR. It felt the closest to a 4DP test’s notorious 5min .

The well deserved rest between set was far from enough. I tried and just couldn’t push the watts. Reduced intensity and still…
Ended up throwing the towel 5 minutes into the 2nd set.

Broken and Beat I decided to take a rest and hit it again soon. Not before I read everything available on HHNF.

Today was a whole different story.
I ate, drank and slept well.
HR remained in control. 8 bpm lower that last time on critical end of the set.
The mental strength I took from this thread was the driver to keep on pushing throughout the 2nd set.

The TTT was a pure Suffering mixed with joy and adrenaline seeing that future me beating
HHNF !!!

Thanks !

9 Likes

I have to bump this because I just did HHNF for the first time in, and I can’t believe this, a YEAR.

It’s still the best. workout. ever.

8 Likes

It’s the one I have most fails!

1 Like