HR zones on workout summary page

My coworkers and I are posting screenshots of our fitness apps in a Slack channel, largely for group motivation. Some of them are using Apple watches and can show how much time they spent in each HR zone.

I think it would be great to have the HR chart on the activity summary page show HR zones and cTHR along with a summary of how much time was spent in each zone. This would also be a useful tool in determining the HR intensity of a workout

6 Likes

Agreed. Currently, I get this from intervals.icu For my purposes, better than training peaks and free

6 Likes

i use also Intervals.icu, elevate addon for strava (and chrome) also gives extra details without leaving strava

2 Likes

Agreed I get thia for HR and Power from Garmin Connect and find it incredibly useful

2 Likes

The HR charts in Intervals.icu are really comprehensive but I like the simplicity of the chart you get in Strava:

I think it’s part of the paid subscription though.

3 Likes

I get the HR chart on Strava too, free sub, but not sure if that’s cuz I have the Sauce extension or if they just give it away. I can’t set my HR zones on Strava (or I can’t change them anyway) cuz I don’t have a paid sub any longer.

2 Likes

I am ashamed, but in the interest of time and efficiency, I just…pay for Strava.

:pleading_face: :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I have come to dislike Strava almost as much as I dislike Facebook.

2 Likes

Legit ¿pourquoi? I’m not enamored of the site - I probably don’t use many of the features it offers. Other than getting to see Sir @michael.cotty’s latest adventure or be humbled by any number of women in the pro peloton (on a daily @#$% basis), I could readily walk away and save a few bucks…

:thinking:

1 Like

I had (technically have - though cancelled so it won’t renew) premium for a year, evaluated the value I got out of it when they announced the price increase, and determined that while I don’t dislike it - it’s not worth paying for me. These days I use it to get my workouts to JOIN Cycling automatically, and to see what people are up to. That’s aboot it.

1 Like

Mostly cuz I see it as just another social media site time sucker. I spend waaaay too much time on the Wahoo X forum (and a related beta forum) as it is, then because it’s The Tour, I am also spending more time on FB. I think its genuinely FANTASTIC that so many people are active and staying active and seeking new ways to be active but then I feel kinda obligated to click the kudos button or WORSE, click the “kudos to all” button which is the equivalent of saying I don’t care a lick about what others have posted and have probably not even looked at it :stuck_out_tongue: Like, what if one of the people you follow posted that they crashed their bike into a litter of new born kittens and there were no survivors or some such thing? And there’s me callously “liking” their post :person_facepalming:

On Strava, I also find myself sometimes feeling bad about myself for not being active “enough” while ALL these other people are out smashing records or doing whatever things they’re doing. aka The FB/Instagram effect. I stay on Strava mostly cuz it’s still a really good repository of my activities over the past 10 years.

1 Like