Importing Outdoor Rides into Systm

This may have been answered before but my searches didn’t reveal anything that helped!

When I do an outdoor session (weekend long ride) how do I import that ride data back into Systm?

I am running a Garmin Edge 530 and Training Peaks - I have Training Peaks and Systm already synced and is working outbound Systm to TP, but I couldn’t see if it worked the other way.

Thanks for any advice

4 Likes

You can’t, at the moment.

Something that’s being worked on, as I understand it.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying.

That’s definitely a feature request from me!!!

5 Likes

I believe this is one of the features looking at being added (and that I’m permitted to stay that!). As I’ve learnt from talking with app developers and programmers, it’s something that takes quite a bit of work to implement as changing one thing can change a multitude of other things. But there are a lot of updates coming to SYSTM with a lot of those features being driven by user input and requests

8 Likes

I really look forward to when it will be possible to add workouts to wahoo systems. I bought a wahoo rival watch and would like to use it with wahoo systems to the fullest. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

+1 for importing workouts from other apps (Strava for me) AND for adding/modifying workouts in the calendar.

2 Likes

Just pinging this topic, as it’s a feature I’d really like to have.
It came up for me today, because I have “Sunday in Hell” scheduled for Wednesday, and instead I’m just going to go on a 2 hour group ride, which will do roughly the same thing. I’d love to see this reflected in my calendar, instead of it showing up as a skipped ride.

Granted, my legs will know I did it :grin:, but I’d like to see it in the program.

3 Likes

Not a real solution for you but you can just mark the ride as completed in the calendar.

Yeah, true. If I’m assuming it’s a similar effort, no reason not to just mark it done.
Thanks for the idea.
Still hoping for full implementation, of course :+1:t3:

1 Like

Any chance we will get an import function for FIT-files? I have a couple of corrupted (head unit crashed) and non-synced files I was able to recover with external software, but so far no chance to upload them to Wahoo Cloud. IMO it is also a great incentive for Coros/Garmin/Karoo users to move to Wahoo, as they would not lose their activity history.

1 Like

What’s the progress on this?

@Bill_C To get something into the Wahoo Cloud it has to be done on a Wahoo device or app - so using the Rival watch, the Bolt or Roam bike computer, the Wahoo Fitness app or doing a workout on SYSTM or RGT.

RGT does allow you to email workouts that you or a coach create using a workout builder like Training Peaks. Email the .ZWO or FIT file to workouts@rgtcycling.com and they will appear in the workout section of the app and you can pick whatever road you want to ride them on and when completed they will post to the Wahoo Cloud.

Prior to getting the Rival watch I used the Wahoo Fitness App on my phone to record strength and running workouts and it worked well. I was dual recording with a Suunto watch and uploaded to Training Peaks as well. Since getting the Rival the process has been more efficient.

The long term plan per prior posts in the forum is to be an open platform but for now there is also a browser extension that allows one workout per day to be exported to a non-Wahoo device. I have used it to export workouts to RGT and it works well.

Hope that helps!

Add my request to import outdoor rides recorded in another app into Wahoo SYSTM so they appear with data in my calendar.

2 Likes