January 2023 Challenge

No. But I love you for it. :wink:

3 Likes

Wow, “Tour Down Under 4” was a bit of a surprise…

Lap number The Face The Mind
1 to 13 :doughnut: “Oh, this is ok, we’re nicely in the pack, short surge after the corners, I can keep this up for a while. Cheers”
14 :hushed: “Ohw, that’s a bit of a wake up call”
15-17 :relaxed: “Never mind, we’re in the pack again, we’re good”
18 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: “Holy mother of goats!!!”
19 :face_with_diagonal_mouth: “No, that wasn’t the last lap”
20-25 :confused: “I feel a bit of tension building up”
26 :scream: “Aaaaaaarrrrrrghhhhhhh!!”
17 Likes

+1 :heart:

Bonus point for the mad lad format effort! :wink:

3 Likes

Huge shoutout and congratulations to the 53 of you out there who have ALREADy completed the January Challenge! I still have a lot of faith that many of you will complete the challenge.

As of this morning, the Bat has been ridden 1000 times this year already! :bat:

15 Likes

I guess it’s not only because of the challenge, but a testament to it being a grrrrreat workout!

3 Likes

I completed this challenge at the weekend, but the badge wasn’t showing the challenge was completed.

Just couldn’t bring myself to ask the minions and just lined them all up again in the calendar.

Rode London-Edinburgh-London on 1st Jan and did it again today and - woo hoo - got my badge. Have a soft spot for this one as the start and end point of the ride is my old secondary school which I’ve not been to in ummm… 31 years - doesn’t look like it’s changed much :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is the attitude!

5 Likes

Just got the badge this morning by knocking off the MTB ride again (after the Dec UCI challenge).
I enjoyed it, my legs most certainly did not. It’s a serious undertaking, that one.

Right - Feb?

5 Likes

Doing that challenge next week, all lined up in my calendar

3 Likes

Snap! I tagged Recharger on the end - my reward for finishing the challenge.

Overall I enjoyed all four rides. Tour Down Under 4 was my favourite closely followed by The Bat. I know it puts me in the minority but UCI MTB is my least favourite ride from AWWUCI, this time round I added my own soundtrack which seemed to make it a lot easier and definitely more fun. I enjoyed LEL too which I completed first as one of my post-Covid recovery rides.

Looking forward to February’s challenge :+1:

8 Likes

I thought that was bit of a strange decision to include the MTB race so soon after the launch, (presumably) knowing the badge hunters would have just done it as part of the UCI challenge. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Collected the badge yesterday, thanks for the challenge.

UCI mountain bike was the toughest one for me, those MAP intervals are constant and just kill my legs!

My favourite was the Pro Ride with Nicole, the ride feels so immersive, putting the hammer down out of the corners each time with the efforts perfectly matched to the video. The real roads sounds also help to make it feel realistic and the workout is so different to most of the other videos on SYSTM.

Looking forward to February :+1:

4 Likes

I agree - UCI mountain bike was not easy.

3 Likes

November :white_check_mark:
December :white_check_mark:
January :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

I didn’t find it that hard on my legs and am surprised that a few have said the same. The start shows a cadence of 70 but then the target drops of the ride so I presume its a case of ride it how you like. I kept around 80-85 rpm and it was hard but mainly power and breathing, legs were fine

1 Like

Nice job on the January challenge so far everyone! There is still a week to go if you are targeting this one for your badge collection or simply for the glory?

What do you have left to complete the January Races Challenge?

6 Likes

I still have the MTB Race and London-Edinburgh-London to go. I will squeeze them in somewhere!

3 Likes

Might I suggest squeezing them in between 9 Hammers and Kitchen Sink :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

You can suggest, but I might ignore you. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I just did this one! I was having a bad day when I started it, and I thought it was going to be kind of boring (“almost an hour of THIS?? :unamused:”). I ended up really enjoying it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes