Knighthood Attempt January 29/30

I did that last year.
Last stage of the Tour was Attacker/Defender so I rolled those into becoming the first two of my ten on the last day.

Can highly not recommend :smiley:

3 Likes

@kmz777 congrats on completing your Challenge! Hopefully the minions don’t have a backlog of forms to review and you are knighted quickly.
I probably should have delayed my attempt given that my knee started acting up at the beginning of the year. I had an MRI last week and a follow up next week, which I am almost certain the outcome will be surgery.
My “layer of invincibility” has vanished. I can no longer ignore the nagging injuries as was evident by the shoulder surgery I had last April to deal with a shredded labrum. Just hoping that I am not faced with a 8 week recovery on the knee.

3 Likes

Take the time it takes to recover, though.
I’ve fallen foul of the “rush to recover” plenty of times in the past and had an even longer layoff than if I’d just behaved.

Knighthood is also definitely not something to do if you have anything already playing up.
I back-to-backed the Tour into a Knighthood last year and that left me with (over-use) knee problems, so going into it with a bad knee already was always risky.

Good luck with the recovery and the next effort.

1 Like

@emacdoug

Next time you’ll nail it! :muscle:

Agreed! Given that I mostly participate in imperial Century Rides during the riding season, I was not overly concerned about the endurance, but recognized that after the 6/7 video it would be difficult.

1 Like

Old Left RCT, relatively new left Type 2 AC injury, really old left ACL tear. No surgeries. Bubble gum, popsicle sticks and duct tape. That’s whats currently holding me together. To balance things out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I regularly get knife-like right knee pain when doing lunge or squat type movements if I’m not super cautious. Thank GvA I’m (mostly) okay when riding (better outdoors than in).

Yeah I never have this issue outside. Doc said it could be due to the trainer. As with my shoulder (initially injured that when I was in my 20s playing tennis) I just want it “fixed”. For the shoulder that meant removing the remains labrum and cutting my bicep and reattaching it to the top of the arm. It was a long recovery, but glad I did it. I no longer have any pain in that shoulder.

2 Likes

Fwiw, I’ve got my trainer bike set up almost identical to my road/gravel fit and with the Climb attached to the Kickr it’s as close to a perfect indoor setup as I think would be possible.

Wowza. That was gutsy :flushed:

1 Like

No CLIMB for me, and my trainer/road bike are one in the same. :slight_smile:

1 Like