Knighthood Attempt January 29/30

Hello fellow Sufferlandrians!

This is my official announcement that I will be attempting the KoS Challenge at the end of the month. I have been using Sufferfest/Systm for two years now and really enjoy the challenging workouts. I credit them with helping me to take an hour off my Century time.

Thank you in advance for all your support.

Dave

20 Likes

The KoS-ToS double! Bold move.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Oooooh, exciting! Welcome to the forums @Wahoo_Dave, feel like sharing your menu d’suffering? It’s always a good time (for us) :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Glenn.Coutts - I am still working that out. I have been reading the many posts in the forum, and I do have one question. Everyone discusses adjusting the workouts to 65%-85%. Where exactly is that done? Is that adjust from ERG to LEVEL, or is it adjusting the 4DP numbers?

Thank you,

Dave

2 Likes

@CPT_A, I have not decided on participating in the ToS yet, but I agree, that would be a bold move, so perhaps. :wink:

2 Likes

Just one “n” in Glen but got your message. If you go to the gear icon (top right of screen) during a workout, and click it, there are 3 tabs. The settings tab allows you to adjust the workout globally, or adjust individual metrics (most adjust globally otherwise it changes the whole focus of the vid).

If you use a desktop version of the app you can just use the up/down arrows to adjust intensity by 1 percent at a time, up or down. Only up is permitted though in Sufferlandria :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Apologies for the additional “n” @Glen.Coutts, and thank you for the quick answer. Those settings are in the same place on the PC so I should be good to go.

Dave

2 Likes

it’s a super common mistake and no apologies needed. I just mentioned it because with the extra “n” I don’t actually get notified. Always happy to help. As for the Tour of Sufferlandria, this is a once a year event, and this is the 10th Anniversary. This is not something you’ll want to miss especially since you’l be a Knight by then and you’ll have nearly a month to prepare. While there is a Training Plan for the ToS, you don’t really need it and it really is a ton of fun!

3 Likes

I did the 6 Hour workout this weekend, and for the most part felt ok. One issue arose about hour 4 that could be problematic. I had some sudden sharp pain in my right knee. I completed the 4th video, but then did the 5th video at reduced intensity. The good news is it appears to be just the meniscus, and that is an easy fix.

As for the 10 videos I am attempting, I copied the list to a spreadsheet and then added columns for duration, TSS, IF and workout Type. If the video is an hour or longer, I am eliminating it (good bye: Thin Air, The Hunted, Violator, Hell Hath No Fury, Team Scream, The Shovel, Local Hero, Blender, Cobbler, and It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time (ISLAGIATT)). That leaves some good choices and I am looking to balance those out to for my 4DP profile.

This is the list that I have so far: Do As You’re Told, GOAT, Revolver, The Best Thing in the World, The Wretched, The Omnium, A Very Dark Place, Power Station, There Is No Try, Attacker, The Rookie, The Downward Spiral, Who Dares, 14 Vise Grips, Angels, and Fight Club. Now I am wondering how to order these so I don’t wear myself out. Would appreciate any feedback folks may have.

Thank you,

Dave

2 Likes

One person’s order is another person’s disorder. Go for what feels right. Or stick them in a hat and pull them out at random - I highly recommend this approach although I know those that like to plan do not!. Not much point including TSS and IF in the spreadsheet as those will change quite drastically once you dial back the targets, imho and all that.

1 Like

My 2 cents is mix it up by length of intervals. For me personally, as the day wears on, those long relentless sustained efforts kill me so I’d front load them but still have variety from one vid to the next. However, like Sir James said, ymmv.

1 Like

@JamesT @Glen.Coutts - thanks for that input and I agree with you both, but it is satisfying hearing the words of those that have gone before you.

2 Likes

Sure thing. It would be pretty epic if you did ALL the vids in your list :smiling_imp:

evil laugh

1 Like

Good luck! We look forward to hearing how it goes!

…without vomiting several times. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Thank you @Coach.Andy.T

1 Like

I finished with G.O.A.T., and was glad to not have any MAP sections in the final video. I also echo what Sir Glen said, having shorter videos at the end can be a mental boost.

2 Likes

I was actually thinking shorter intervals at the end but shorter vids works too I guess if you’re looking to dull the suffering

NOTHING MUST DULL THE SUFFERING

1 Like

One other benefit of shorter videos at the end, is that I did not have to wait as long to get off my saddle between videos. The saddle discomfort was brutal toward the end, and the little respite between videos is enough to keep charging forward.

1 Like

I suppose so but the thought of The Wretched at “only” 46 minutes at spots 7-10 makes me want to spew chunks. To be fair, The Wretched at any point on a quest is just nutz so 100 bonus SUF points for anyone who has that FUGLY beast on their menu.