Knighthood on 28th May 2022

I have no opinion about vegemite, but lots of acquired tastes are worthwhile: wine, scotch, Brussels Sprouts (for me), olives (for my wife), green eggs and ham (for Sam-I-am).

3 Likes

I knew a few Aussies who ate vegemite religiously, and was around it a lot, but I was never an adventurous eater, so I passed.

1 Like

@AkaPete sorry but scotch is a hard pass. Tried it a few times and just not something I want to taste again in the hope that I will, at some time in the future, come to like.

1 Like

And don’t just try any scotch. You have to try a good one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was offered the scotch from people who are supposed to know. I had to trust them that they knew the difference. I do know it was expensive and old. Sorry, the best I can do.

1 Like

Very true. If you don’t like drinking jet fuel, it doesn’t matter the vintage or flavor. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uuummmm, jet fuel!
Jet Fuel

1 Like

When I first read this without reading the posts that follow, I kind of knew Sir @JamesJordan, you’re an Aussie!

How’s the weather going Down Under?

I am not sure if we have vegemite here in Malaysia but we do have Marmite, which I hope is about the same? No? Personally, I have yet to try Marmite on bread, but Marmite in plain white rice porridge is awesome!

Oh talking about chocolate :yum: I would think some Snicker bars might be good as well for all the sugar which we need during the long 10 hour ride

1 Like

What what? Am I reading this right? :sweat_smile:
I would pass on the Scotch too but would be please to have some ice wine!

Gosh I miss that taste of that Inniskillin Gold Vidal ice wine :relieved: :relieved:

I prefer Oban as my preferred jet fuel. But ice wine sounds fantastic. :smile:

I actually have a supply of Snickers bars in a drawer right next to my bike. I never ride indoors without them.

2 Likes

I need NOS. Hahaha
Ice wine for the cool down segment of the last ride just like how they do it with champagne in the TdF

1 Like

This would be a God-sent item and I should really include this in the fueling items in my list.
If not Snickers, I could always got for KitKat but definitely not taking a break :sweat_smile:. Don’t want my arse whooped (in this case zapped by the mythical laser goat).

1 Like

Mythical…Mythical…what???

1 Like

The laser goat :sweat_smile:

I once had a Snickers bar for dinner after evaluating the maximum calories I could get from a vending machine for the limited coins I had with me. An airline had cancelled a flight after hours of “we will board in 20 minutes” and put us up in a hotel after all the local restaurants had closed. Ugh.

2 Likes

I support this.

2 Likes

Personally, whenever I would fly for business, I would grab a big bag of Reece’s Pieces and a Ginger Ale or Sprite. That ended up being my only meal on a number of occasions. If I had a choice of bars I’d go with a 3 Musketeers, but you can hardly go wrong with a Snickers.

2 Likes

There’s really only one chocolate for the likes of us though

2 Likes