Knighthood on 28th May 2022

Good idea to ask if my neighbour has one to spare me for a day or two.
Even these days, I don’t really switch on the laptop other than to suffer. :point_left: Geez, this sounds so sadistic. :joy: :joy:

We should have Master’s degree in Suffering, MSuf in the near future

1 Like

A keyboard also allows you to use the 0-9 and ~ keys to switch out from ERG to any level…

4 Likes

Good to know. Thanks for the tip.

On my laptop, the :arrow_up: and :arrow_down: arrow keys works to lower and increase the intensity levels but I will definitely adjust it before riding and hopefully not needing to do so while pedalling away.

I completed the UAE Tour 1 ride yesterday and that was one ride which I hated by far the most. Not least because of the variability on in terms of the power targets. One moment it’s X watts and less than 3 seconds later it’s Y watts. :expressionless:
The MAP: 1x 60 isn’t too bad, I experimented with the differing intensity levels and also practiced changing kits and transitioning between the rollers and turbo, and I feel that, it’s just about enough time to do both kit changes and transitioning. :grinning:

Does anyone keep a training diary prior to the Knighthood?

3 Likes

Always meant to do this for a variety of events but never have. Closest I’d come is I got a notebook :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good luck! Will put in word to the castle guards to keep an eye out for your coming.

1 Like

We are all guilty of this to be honest, I haven’t been logging the detail in since Friday, 22nd April.
Just a funny thought, closest you have gotten is getting the notebook and the progress stopped there? :sweat_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thank you Sir @mserge! It’s a once in (probably) a life time’s experience and honour to bring myself to this challenge.

1 Like

Actually on I am probably killing 2 birds with 1 stone with the Knighthood as I have signed for the LEJOG virtual challenge on Conqueror Events

Haha. Not a chance. I am regularly setting big goals for myself. I think I like the “idea” of keeping a notebook/journal but at the end of the day, I’m inherently lazy :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Personally, I think this is biggest goal I have set in a long while. The last was probably in 2017 or maybe 208 when I did my last outdoor sportive, but I have never really kept a training log of my own until now.
Let’s see if I will continue to keep it up after the Knighthood attempt.

Over the weekend, this is what I have been doing, finalising on the playlist.

@Glen.Coutts, your worse nightmare, Defender, is definitely my be all and end all ride. Hahaha :joy:

3 Likes

My personal experience is that I found shorter and shorter intervals easier as the day progressed. There is still a chance of making the power targeted for 1 minute in revolver by session ten but no way I’d have ever got even 1 defender interval by session 10.

3 Likes

Good morning from here Sir @Eerke!
Actually yes, I only noticed I have 2 relatively short intervals which are Revolver and GOAT. I was really considering having GOAT as my ending session but I thought, why not pick up that courage and end it strong.

I have a good feeling, I might not be dialing up the intensity of my last ride up to 70% but let’s see how it goes on D-day and how deep I can dig. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I found an inspirational music in conjunction of my attempt in exactly a month’s time.

Two Steps From Hell - Never Back Down (Orchestral) - YouTube[Two Steps From Hell - Never Back Down]

Perhaps a good theme song and a battlecry music

Good luck! My recollection is hazy but I actually felt relatively good for the 10th knowing it was nearly over. It was 7, 8 and 9 that were the hardest.

2 Likes

Thank you!
I am actually looking forward to the suffering. My folks think I am just being too hard on myself and perhaps sadistic too. :joy:

As with everyone, I assume, has a story behind their attempt to storm the castle and every story is unique. I might reveal my story in a short video clip, a collection of all those suffering on the bike leading up to the Knighthood attempt.

In addition to Peanut butter and Jam I highly recommend vegemite. Salty and satisfying. Let myself have one every other video and it was something to look forward to.

2 Likes

@JamesJordan I have never heard of vegemite. I just read a bit about it’s history but didn’t find much on what it tastes like. Care to share? PB&J is a staple for long rides for me but if I am going to add a different spread on bread, my preference is Nutella. You can never go wrong with chocolate! :yum:

1 Like

Don’t treat Vegemite like peanut butter or Nutella. Common mistake most if not all nonAustralians make. I did in the mid-60’s and can’t force myself to try it again. :joy::joy:

3 Likes

What I was able to find out about the taste doesn’t sound appealing. Anytime they say it’s an ‘acquired taste’ generally is not good and when they say it’s best to do that as a child, I think this 66 year old will pass!

2 Likes