Knighthood Quests

Greetings Comrades,

I did a normal ten Knighthood in 2012 - on my own, in a dog fighting pit of a cave. Mentally miserable, long day. I did a Knighthood plus three, an ‘unlucky 13’ riding with other people dropping in and out in a studio - harder than the ten physically but mentally flew by.

Advertise what you are doing; makes it harder to quit.

Smash it bro!!

9 Likes

A mate whom has had his IronMan peak for this year destroyed by the outbreak in Victoria has decided that he would like to have a go and being the good mate that I am has decided to join him. Plan is currently for the 13th of September and this is our preliminary list.
The Rookie
Do as you are told
There is no try
Best thing in the world
Power Station
ISLAGIATT
Nine Hammers
Downward Spiral
GOAT
Defender

Thoughts?

6 Likes

Ending a quest on Defender would absolutely KILL me. I hate that ride at the best of times but after 10 hours of effort, a full hour of sustained and unrelenting effort would certainly be the end of me. This menu of suffering is pretty damn ugly so, yeh, get after it then :slight_smile: I’m sure GvA would approve. :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

The choice of videos is a personal one - there’s no right or wrong answer, as long as you choose videos that are on the permitted list. A general recommendation is to put your favorite at number 7, as that’s when things start to get really hard, both mentally and physically. Regarding level, I did mine at 70%, based on recent 4DP numbers. It felt relatively easy at the start, but by the end, even 70% was hurting!

4 Likes

I like Defender, but then I love Time Trialing so it probably fits in with my strengths. ISLAGIATT that my mate is reluctant with.

3 Likes

I only have a small fridge. How many bisons do you suggest Sir Erik?

:rofl:

6 Likes

Don’t cheat yourself! You can do it!

I think Sir James Tyson has a special title, but beyond that the only way to get a special badge of honor is to earn it.

I take great pride my special status as the ‘Green Knight of Sufferlandria’!

4 Likes

You can definitely include ISLAGIATT - Just do it early in your quest. You don’t want to have to face down a two-hour monster for video #10.

3 Likes

I do? I probably shouldn’t try to think what that might be!

1 Like

@allen_lopez, here’s the list I used earlier this year:

Number Video
1 The Best Thing In The World
2 GOAT
3 Thin Air
4 Defender
5 A Very Dark Place
6 Angels
7 Nine Hammers
8 Power Station
9 Hell Hath No Fury
10 Butter

All done at 70%. I like the climbing videos, so I definitely leaned that way rather than the short intervals like Violator. Nine Hammers is my favorite, so it went in at Number 7. HHNF is also a favorite, and then Matt Hayman winning Paris-Roubaix in Butter gave me the motivation to get to the finish.

6 Likes

How many donuts to become a count du couch?

2 Likes

To me it sounds as if you absolutely must ride Defender as the last video then, since the quest is all about suffering.

2 Likes

Thank you. I happened to prefer endurance and climbing videos over short intervals aswell. With goat being my favorite. Thinking that will be my number 7.

3 Likes

When I did my quest Defender wasn’t a thing yet. My most hated/dreaded Sufferfest then was Hell Hath No Fury so of course it was included in my quest. If I ever go for a second Knighthood quest, I’d have to include both. Hmmm, a quest with my most hated Sufferfests :thinking:

1 Like

Being that I was the one to suggest Defender as the last video for the quest (as well as Rookie and Do as your told for #1 and #2), I think those will work
I just think the mental games played in defender will work well, as the video will literally be telling you that you just have to hang on for the next few intervals, and then it is over.
But as James says… ISLAGIATT (His idea) at #7 is my hangup.
Partly I am not sure about a near 2h video, esp @slot7, but then again, once you have done that, everything is downhill from there.

1 Like

All of them :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m overly excited to start a knighthood attempt.

Lots of good information and motivation in this thread.
Congratulations to all who succeeded already. And I tip my hat to everybody who will embark on this quest in the future.

Part of the journey is trying to stay humble. I have to wait and prepare…
My goal is to become a knight by the end of 2020, if all goes well.

11 Likes

What could possibly go wrong? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

for me its the name of the video that made it right for #7.

2 Likes

Here was my list from my attempt: I started with Defender…

1.  Defender

2.  Angels

3.  The Best Thing in the World

4.  Power Station

5.  Fight Club

6.  Revolver

7.  The Rookie

8.  A Very Dark Place

9.  The Ommnium

10. Nine Hammers
10 Likes