Knights of Sufferlandria Team

True!!

2 Likes

Well, Sir @Rupert.H has thrown down the gauntlet and I’ve thrown it back. Here’s some shenanigans!!!

Get my DPF up to 1500 (I’m nearly at 1000) and I’ll do 10 full laps of the RGT challenge chat road on the same day as Stage 2,3,4,5, or 6. Stage 7 I’ve reserved for my other stoooopid shenanigans aka Stage 7b.

5 Likes

10 laps aye? Hmmmm. I’ll do 2 laps in a goat suit for $100 AND I’ll live stream it :rofl:
Gotta get ALL the use out of that darn suit

7 Likes

Hehe. They should make a goat suit for your avatar!

You are totally crushing the Wahoolimabob Tour btw Dame Lisa!! Absosuffinglutely CRUSHING it!!!

7 Likes

TBF, you need to WASH that darn suit…I might donate for that!

:wink:

2 Likes

Surely more donations mean I have to ride in it unwashed? Happy to:

• wash it for a stage - $20 :innocent:
  • not wash it for a stage - $50 :nauseated_face:
  • not wash it for any stage - $200 :face_vomiting:
3 Likes

Would LOVE a goat suit Avatar!

6 Likes

I know right. You’re doing a spectacular job of promoting RGT the least they could do is give you a goat suit.

5 Likes

They don’t exactly make it obvious do they? :joy:

2 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes

Doooooo it

2 Likes

Good day to you fellow Knights.

Verily, I have joined the KoS team on DPF.org and am very much looking forward to suffering extensively for a week with you all - well, mostly on my own, deep in the realm of my pain cave really. I’m two stages in, that means a good start to the pile of shredded chamois (my wife is also a KoS so the washing basket is already horrendous!) :wink:

Onwards to stage 3 shortly. Huzzah!

Sir Tim
IWBMATTKYT

8 Likes

Huzzah!! :crossed_swords:

4 Likes

I love the way we still get a Wahoo “Ride of the week” (email just in).

Assume you’re all adding “Who Dares” into the calendar on top of all this?!? :rofl:

5 Likes

Welcome back to the castle Sir @TimWatson75! We kept your room just the way you left it.

…though Sir @Glen.Coutts tried to swipe your bed.

3 Likes

@TimWatson75 Not me - did it two weeks ago. Trying to manage my efforts this week so that I don’t go into the red as I have a race coming up.

4 Likes

:rofl: Great thanks, may need a couple more turns of the wheel to help me doze off tonight… :woozy_face:

4 Likes

Hey KoS teammates, any discussion or consensus on the stage 7 RGT group ride time between the x7 different options? I have Tour de Suisse today, and UCI: Road Friday, so was looking to close out TGTTOS Saturday at some point. They all kind of…don’t QUITE line up with my Saturday schedule, but am trying to make something work so I can “see” a couple other Knights up the trail.

Also/or for stage 7b, any thoughts to a group connect, Sir @Glen.Coutts? You and I are only a couple hours apart, so no big deal, but I’m sure many of our 'mates are further afield…

4 Likes

A few :wink:

I almost always take longer to get ready for indoor rides than I intend to and invariably find myself rushing to meet a set target time. Hence my general dislike of online group rides/events and my LOVE of The Sufferfest.

That said, one of the official event times that The Company set up for the RGT TGTTOS group workout is 4:00 PM GMT (11:00 AM CDT) and I’ve signed up for that.

IF I actually start that on time, then my intention was to take a 10ish min break and head straight into 7b (The actual Stelvio climb). That puts me starting 7b at about 5:45 PM GMT (12:45 PM CDT).

I actually thought I wouldn’t set up a formal event with invite codes etc and just jump (i.e. drag my leg up over the saddle) onto the Passo Dello Stelvio when I was ready to go. Actual climbing (and virtual climbing) for me has always just been a solo sufferfest. I do love climbing even though I totally suck balls at it. I’ve often arranged local climb events irl and it’s only a group thing inasmuch as we might all start at the same time but I’m typically slower than my riding peeps and just settle in to my own pace.

That said, I am not completely opposed to having an event, provided people realize that I may not engage in ANY kind of social interaction during it. I may, but I may not and I would not mean to hurt anyone’s feelings by not responding if they said something on the radio or on the text chat thingy.

5 Likes

I’ve signed up for the same 7a ride, 11:00 am CDT. But I’m so bad at using my phone during a ride that I may not be good company.

4 Likes