KoS quest is on my calendar

@Critmark I would argue that age has nothing to do with it - it is mostly a mind over matter quest. You are definitely prepared - you did the work and you are prepared to succeed.

If you haven’t already, check out the Mental Toughness video - Planning for Every Event Scenario. That preparation will be worthwhile to minimize unforeseen events from interrupting the quest.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more with Sir @JSampson here on the importance of the MTP.
It would be fair to say, be prepared for the worst.

2 Likes

F95C2757-8966-45B4-802D-A732AEEFFE52

Tick…tick…tick…

I’ve got some plans of my own for Father’s Day @Critmark so if I don’t tune in to your epic suffering know that I will at least be thinking of you (and mostly giggling).

May the headwinds be mighty, may the lava snow be falling, may the laser goats stay behind you and may your chamois be shredded. Hoping for a most uncomfortable day for you and looking forward to you taking your rightful place in the castle! Oh, and if I haven’t said it already:

4 Likes

I did Primers this morning. Tour of Utah was a fun watch. I have ridden some of those roads. Early fall, after the summer heat breaks, it is spectacular.

I have been focusing on good hydration and carb loading the past couple of days. The pain cave has been cleaned up. All the clothing has been washed. Setting everything up today.

Tomorrow morning - I STORM THE CASTLE!

4 Likes

May the Suffering be with you!
CRUSH IT!

2 Likes

Happy Father’s Day. I am set for a 7:00am start!

2 Likes

You’ve got this!

Crush it!!!

:crossed_swords::crossed_swords::crossed_swords:

Who Dares- done :+1:

Thin Air - done :ballot_box_with_check: I

The Trick - done :heavy_check_mark:

The Wretched - done :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

A Very Dark Place - done :grinning:

2 Likes

Ride 6 - The Rookie - done and done!

2 Likes

Oooh. Things are getting interesting now. Go @Critmark Goooooooo!!!

1 Like

The all important #7 - Power Station is fini.

Schedule change. Moved The Hunted up to 8. :smile:

3 Likes

Getting it done for the glory of our great nation!

1 Like

The Hunted is in the rear view mirror. And yes @Glen.Coutts what a bitch.

2 Likes

So I Did As I Was Told. 9 down.

Now it’s just me and the GOAT!

2 Likes

GOAT Busters - a Knight ain’t afraid of no GOAT!

Doing the last cool-down. 10 up & 10 down.

So this is what the inside of a castle looks like!

:face_with_spiral_eyes:

5 Likes

Brilliant. Welcome to the Castle Sir Stuart (@Critmark) where everyone knows your pain :wink:

Have a seat (if your chamois hasn’t been completely shredded, this thing will take care of that).

1 Like

@Critmark Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks Sir Glen but I don’t think I want sit down for a while! :tired_face:

2 Likes

OK I have showered and had a good meal. A few random thoughts wile they are top of mind.

I made three changes to my plan, 1 before I began and 2 on the fly.

1. I had planned to start at 75% and work down as needed, figuring I would end up at 60%. Instead I started at 70% with the hopes of riding there throughout. I did hold 70% but almost bailed on ride 8 - The Hunted, when the cadence went to 110+. But i SUFFERED through.
  2. At the end of the first ride my chamois was pretty wet. So I decided to do a full kit change after every ride. It was a good decision.
  3. At the end of ride 7 I decided to move The Hunted up from 10 to 8. I didn’t need to do that longish ride last.

As much as the kit changes helped, along with chamois cream, my backside started to hurt by ride 7. By ride 9 it way more than uncomfortable. Right now IT HURTS!

My nutrition plan went real well save for a about 15 minutes. A quick adjustment and I kept right on rollin.

A good skill to have, especially late, is to basically zone out. I turned he volume down and just watched the scenery go by. I think that is why The Hunted is not a great choice to do, especially late, on a KoS attempt. It counts down every minute on the big efforts, which are long. I was trying not to think about it.

Tomorrow is a day off from work, and most everything else!

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO OFFERED THERE KIND WORDS OF SUPPORT. It was amazing helpful!

7 Likes