Hi all. I’m having some issues with getting level mode to work correctly & have been working this through with both Wahoo support and Elite. Any ideas welcome as we seem to have ground to a halt in progress,…
I’m running off my iPad 7th gen ios15.6.1
I have an Elite Drivo 1 linked up via bluetooth
In SystmX ERG mode works a dream with changes reflected after 5-7secs
I recently downloaded RGT with the intention that i would complete some group rides etc & noticed that hills were not being reflected in changing difficulty on the trainer
- I followed the bluetooth re-connection advise as per https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402564853138-Connect-your-Trainer-Compatibility-Tool- = it connects to bluetooth with no issues
- ERG mode working however level mode is not working in RGT or SystmX
- I did manage to get level mode working in SystmX by going into a workout, connecting the Drivo, changing it to level mode (however the trainer remains in ERG mode at this point), disconnecting the Drivo, reconnecting the Drivo = level mode works at level 0. I could demonstrate this by keeping the cadence constant (80rpm) and going thru the gears with the power needed increasing at each gear. However I was not able to change from level 0 using the same method of switching off and back on again
- Trying the same method in RGT was not successful. I could only use ERG mode
- Level mode tested within the Elite etraining app = working as expected. On this basis Elite say this is an app issue??
- I tried my old wheel on CycleOps (now Saris) M2 smart trainer and that works a treat in both ERG/Level mode (not great for those hills/high power sprints tho - the reason to going to a Drivo). This suggests maybe the Elite trainer is at fault not the app??
= A quick test of Zwift and both level/ERG mode works with hill difficulty being reflected as expected
- FYI my 4DP score I am using was from the M2 trainer. Trying this now on the Elite in level mode I just spin out as changing the level mode up a notch or 2 makes no change to the power
- There is mention in outside forums that the Elite Direto may have a similar issue however no mention as to whether it was ever resolved
Any thoughts welcome at this point (other than buy a new trainer please - haha) as this is becoming more than a nuisance
Thanks for looking