List of training videos featuring women's cycling

Since this has been asked in facebook twice, and I’m lazy (and facebook’s UI is not great to look for things in the past)… Here we go:

Quoting @David.McQuillen.KoS in facebook

We have some great sessions featuring women’s cycling. They include:

• Hell Hath No Fury.
  • Who Dares.
  • The Omnium.
  • Revolver.
  • Half is Easy.
  • Fight Club.
  • Extra Shot.
  • 14 Vise Grips.
  • A Very Dark Place.

We also have several of our Inspiration titles featuring women

• Alla Vita.
  • I Just Want to Ride.
  • Half the Road.
  • Ruta Chingaza.

The Sufferfest is working hard to get more – in the past, it wasn’t easy to find high quality, un-edited footage from women’s racing. That has changed this past year or so, however, and you’ll see more from the women later in the year.

Did Sir David miss any video? What’s your favorite from the list?

My personal favorites are

• AVDP
  • Fight Club :european_castle:
  • Who dares :european_castle:

PS: I still vote for a blog post/page on the SUF website :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

2021-06-16_14-45-39

But yeah…that one.

4 Likes

Either Fight Club or 14 Vice Grips or Who Dares.

Because women’s road racing is more exciting than the men’s. Yes, I said it.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Whooops xD

1 Like

The final set of pain shakes is women’s CX, only 2 minutes out of 100 though. (Also in mini blender and the best way is blended)

1 Like

Hi Folks
At the risk of being controversial, here goes.
This is just my personal opinion so please feel free to disagree but without personal abuse, which seems to be the modern way.

As far as I understand it, the idea of the Sufferfest workouts is to feel that you are part of the race and competing against the other racers.
That being the case, I feel more motivated and immersed in the race when I feel that I am competing against other men. When the workout features a women’s race I do not feel the same motivation to compete and do not enjoy the workout as much.
Now, I realise that these female professional bike racers would beat the living daylights out of me in a race in the real world. However, Sufferfest is not the real world. It is my own personal workout and I want to feel competitive and motivated during my own personal workout and I do not feel that as much when I feel I am competing against women. For me it just doesn’t feel right.

I was wondering if it would be possible for each workout to have two options - one featuring a men’s race and the other featuring a women’s race so that people have the choice? Or would this just be too cost prohibitive?

As I say, this could be seen as controversial but that is not my intention. It is just my personal opinion and me wanting to get the best out of my workouts.

I am sure that many people will disagree with me but I would be interested to know if there are some people who actually agree with me.
Thanks.

1 Like

11 Likes

There’s a feature request thread somewhere.

I don’t think this thread is the right place for your question/feature request.

However there are plenty of videos featuring men, which is not the case for female cycling (And we’re talking about representation here), which is the actual point of the thread, if you want to know which list is that one, just look for the videos that are NOT mentioned above.

3 Likes

@robhtfc Not me - love Fight Club, Who Dares and AVDP. It doesn’t matter who I am racing against. Check out Half the Road. It provides a good perspective and may change your thinking.

3 Likes