Maybe I’m an idiot?

Been training at 115% FTP lately.

Did Thin Air 21 April (at 100% FTP) with an average power of 223. Clocked in today at 235. Why?

115% of 223 = 256.

nothing must dull the suffering?

4 Likes

“Don’t change recovery sections” is ticked?

4 Likes

Did you adjust the MAP sections? Not all of Thin Air is blue.

3 Likes

I’m an idiot! Didn’t even notice that option…

Do we know exactly what this does? When I adjust the power, the entire graph moves, even the recovery sections, if that button is checked…

1 Like

Yes, IF you have it set up to adjust all metrics together. You can also set it to adjust individual metrics, while leaving the rest alone.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been adjusting all metrics together but leaving that button (don’t adjust recovery) checked since I didn’t notice it for whatever reason. What exactly constitutes “recovery”? Not all blue, correct? And if that button is checked, why would the entire graph move when adjusting the metric?

1 Like

I think having that box ticked has no effect on how the graph moves but it does impact the power targets on the recovery sections of videos.

e.g I was just looking at Neal Henderson 5: Velodrome.
If I set the targets to 115% using my profile the power with the box unticked at the 3 minute mark is 139W, if I tick the box it drops down to 121W but the graph itself doesn’t move.

1 Like

Appreciate your help!

Do we know exactly what constitutes recovery? 50% and below? Some blue is higher at 115% than 100%.

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t know. I always keep that box unticked so that I get predictable behaviour when I mess about with the intensity!

It’s a shame that the graph doesn’t behave properly or at least acknowledge recovery by having it in a different colour - green?

Yes, it’s a known bug that when you check “don’t adjust recovery sections” the graph still moves. But when you actually ride those sections the targets are left unchanged and you will find your green line gets drawn where it’s supposed to be rather than where the blue graph incorrectly shows it will be. i.e. they don’t match.

And recovery sections are different in different videos. It’s whatever sections were defined as recovery sections when the workout was created. But it’s usually consistently the sections you would expect they would be. Most of the inconsistencies are in the no-vids.

3 Likes

I’m going to uncheck it now that I’m aware of it!

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve noticed the line drawing discrepancy but couldn’t pin down exactly where they are, since it doesn’t happen in some blue sections.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s always been one of my minor peeves, too. Would be nice if they were clearer.

1 Like