More Calendar Options

@Namaku I would have to go back and look at the threads but my guess that it would include heart rate for yoga, strength and running since that has been a long term request and perhaps more customization of the display.

3 Likes

I just wish the workout player on the iPhone was not so flaky.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I don’t see where I could find the Sufferfest plans though? I just looked it up in the Training Peaks plan builder and I only see one plan. “Winter Base with Sufferfest” and it’s $175 to purchase. I’m not sure if there’s another location where we could see the workouts? If so please let me know!

I feel like a “push to calendar” option is probably the fastest workaround Wahoo could implement for us even if it is just basic calendar entries being pushed to Training Peaks or Google/Outlook/iCal. I pray they do this sooner rather than later but we shall see.

Hoping this conversation gets looked at by the minions and it’s viewed positively!!

2 Likes

@Joshua Here is the link: The Sufferfest Training Plans | TrainingPeaks

It isn’t perfect but I managed to add a plan that was similar to my SYSTM plan and then would either create missing workouts or search my TP calendar and see if I previously performed the workout and would add it to my TP library.

Full disclosure - I ended up just cancelling TP as I became tired of scheduling two calendars and also didn’t really feel that the metrics that it offered were worth it. I now just make do with the SYSTM calendar with a variety of workarounds like the example I gave in my post above.

I used the Wahoo Fitness App and now the watch to record other activities such as lifting and rowing so that they are in the calendar and would use a strength workout or running workout as a placeholder on the calendar. I used to match workouts so everything turned green but now I don’t really bother - just focus on getting the work done.

3 Likes

You are my new best friend. I’ve added all the plans to my Training Peaks library now.

I would gladly cancel my Training Peaks plan and even pay an additional $20/year or so to Systm if that meant I’d have a better calendar experience in Systm. In the meantime, I just can’t get over how bad the Systm calendar is…

4 Likes

personally I would love to see the RGT events that i’ve signed up for appear on the systm app so that I can plan recovery rides and other training around the events.

4 Likes

@Marty You can try the hack that I mentioned above.

Add an e-racing plan (or any plan that has an event), go into the e-race event at the end of the plan and click on the 3 dots. Select add to calendar and select the date of your RGT event(s). You can do this multiple times.

I think you may be able to delete the plan from there and the additional event(s) will stay on the calendar.

Further if you add the event in the future - eg next year - it is now easy to just add other events to the calendar when needed.

Hope that helps! It would be great to get some calendar updates to include expanded functionality but for now this is how I am doing it.

@Joshua Glad to help! I think the way that the TP Library is organized is a good path forward for SYSTM. It is pretty easy to drag and drop - a bit easier on computer than on mobile.

2 Likes

The only shame is that the Sufferfest plan I added does not match up with the Systm plan I loaded (200 mile Gravel). So I needed to choose one or the other. Bummer!

I ended up manually adding all the workouts for the next 12 weeks into my TP account. That took a while and I dare say it was a pain.

It would be nice to see a release schedule or “coming soon” so we knew what updates to expect in the coming months…

1 Like

One thing that I would like to see is the ability to add general notes to a particular day. For example, I occasionally augment a trainer session with a TRX workout. I’d like to be able to note that as a separate activity.

3 Likes

@Mark_Proulx You can record a separate session - eg cardio or strength - using the Wahoo App. It will allow you to pair sensors such as an HRM and when done the activity will show up in the calendar.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll do that.