My Honor Glory and Victory, plus special Announcement.. šŸ˜‰

Hello everyone!

Although Iā€™ve only just joined the forums, I actually first moved to Sufferlandia 4 years ago.

Back then, I was subjected to my first examination by the Minions Rubber Gloves, and as a then new cyclist, and brand new to indoor training, my FTP started out at 233w.

Over the years Iā€™ve completed many of the plans and videos, getting stronger and fitter.

At the start of this winter season, with an FTP of 274w, the goals were to follow the 12 week advanced road program and hope to get the FTP up as close to 300w as possible, then make it through the Tour as close too maximum effort, for as long as possibleā€¦

Victory! I did the training plan replacing week 11 with the Tour and made it through the all the way at Nuclear level!

Post tour, Iā€™ve followed week 12 of the plan, and the 4DP test is complete and the results are inā€¦

By the skin of my teeth, Iā€™ve made it to 300w on my FTP! Iā€™m extremely pleased with that!

So whatā€™s nextā€¦ :wink:

Weā€™ll it has to be doesnā€™t itā€¦ Time to do the Knighthood!

So to officially announce, Iā€™ll be kicking off the Knighthood plan as of tomorrow, with the aim of storming the castle on Saturday 27th March.

Wish me luck! :grin:

Chris

32 Likes

Sounds awesome, mate. Congratulations and good luck!

1 Like

Youā€™re Killinā€™ it Chris!

1 Like

Weā€™re on almost the same schedule! Iā€™ll be making my attempt on April 2!

Good luck and keep suffering!

2 Likes

Good luck, Iā€™ll of course post on the day and let you know how I go.

I havenā€™t yet sorted my videos or order. Have you?

Goat is a favourite so thinking of sticking that in at the magical #7 slot! :grin:

Iā€™m not on Facebook so havenā€™t got access to any chatter in there, but have started reading up past articles in the forum.

Looking forward to it! (Letā€™s see how I feel half way through though!) :joy:

Thank you Pierre :+1:

Cheers Training wheels :+1:

Definitely havenā€™t picked videos yetā€¦ I need to find a solid chunk of time to really dig in!

Nice job on the increase in FTP! As for the quest:

1 Like

Congrats! You and I have insanely similar physiology! In fact when I first took the test and it said I am a time trialist, I said, ā€œwell, duhā€ as those are the races I do best in. Keep up the great work :clap::clap:

Thanks Glen!

1 Like

Cheers Otoman.

This is the first time Iā€™ve come out as a time trialist - the previous 3 or 4 goes at Full Frontal Iā€™ve always been a Sprinter!

Brilliant Chris, oddly for me since starting sufferfest about 18 months ago itā€™s my sprint power thatā€™s blown up to 1300 watts, ftp takes time! well done!

2 Likes

Congrats and good luck.:four_leaf_clover:
Will try to pave the way for you, plan is to start March 20th

1 Like

:+1: Good luck Phoenix

Wow! 4 years of pursuing a goal like this is very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks Lloyd :+1: