I Did It, Beetches!

Saving a whole introductory post, I’ll just say this. I am new to cycling. And when I say new. I mean new. I’m 40 years old. And just started a couple of months ago with almost zero experience.

I have a one-year-old son which makes it hard to get out on the road and train. So I bought a Kickr. Then I found The Sufferfest. So I dove in headfirst and I was all in. I loved being in the military. Because the easiest job I’ve ever had was doing what I was told.

I finished the two week training plan and a couple more workouts. I decided to do the Full Frontal.

Because I’m so new, I couldn’t quite get the full impact from the assessment but I suffered and loved it. I still have things to work on, but I’m so proud and so happy.

Okay, so “Attacker?” Never in my life did I think I would be a cyclist. But of all the classes… ATTACKER? Never! It was a surprise. I was a speedskater growing up and never would I have classified myself as an attacker. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I have a long way to go in my journey to Knighthood. Until then. I will Suffer long. Suffer hard. I have laid out a training plan and set a date: New Years Eve planning to finish just after midnight in hopes of becoming the first Knight of Sufferlanfria of 2022.

Reply with your inspiration, story, class, encouragement, or anything else you want!!!

-ISFWD-

(Updated my Passport)

13 Likes

@FireDog3105 Great results - keep after it! Welcome to SUF! Check out the yoga and mental toughness program if you haven’t already. They both are really helpful for recovery, planning goals and practicing focus.

3 Likes

Congrats, welcome to Sufferlandria, and glad to have you!

1 Like

Your sock game is pro level!!!

You know you can never leave right! :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you, Dame Lisa. I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be sure to… keep them up… :laughing: :thinking: maybe I’ll start a sick thread… I have LOTS more where these came from. @DameLisa

Wonderful advice, Sir Jon. If there is an option to add yoga or strength training, I usually do. Because I just do what I’m told ¯_(ツ)_/¯