New annual subscription - Billing

Got an email regarding my annual subscription that to get the current 129USD price I need to purchase till today the annual subscription. My current subscription only expires next august. I dont understand exactly what I have to do to get the next annual signature at 129USD. I went to the website link and selected the annual membership and what next? Have to pay it already and if so when it will get charged on my credit card, now or only in august?
Or it will be sent a promotional code to ise later when the renewal date aproches?

FULL E-MAIL
"Over the past year we’ve been working hard to bring more value to the Wahoo X Membership. Just in the past month we released the Voice Chat feature in RGT, along with the Dunoon Crossover Real Road, as well as new content including the On Location Portugal and ProRide Mont Ventoux rides in SYSTM. As we are continuing to make these types of additions to Wahoo X, we will be increasing the price of our annual membership from $129 to $149 USD to align with the increased value of the membership offering.

Your renewal is coming up on Aug 20, and will be renewing at the new $149 USD rate for 2023.

If you want to lock in another year with Wahoo X at the $129 USD rate before November 15th, 2022 visit our website to buy an annual membership. You will be sent a coupon code post purchase in the Order Confirmation email to extend the duration of your current membership. Ride, train, race and connect to build a better athlete within yourself.

Wahoo!"

You go to the store and purchase the Wahoo X Annual membership. Your credit card will be charged immediately and a code issued. You put the promo code into your Wahoo X account immediately and your subscription is extended by a year past its current renewal date. For example my subscription renews September 10, 2023. If I were to do this then the renewal would move to September 10, 2024.

1 Like

Got it. It doesnt make much sense paying for some now that I need to renew only in august just to save 20USD :thinking:

Does to some; doesn’t to others. If it weren’t offered, I’m sure some people with August renewals would complain about not being eligible.

1 Like

I suspect this is also an attempt by Wahoo to generate a great deal of cash right now.

2 Likes

Funny, I can understand why you’re saying that, and there may even be some truth to it but that is NOT what I thought at all. I’m admittedly probably a bit naive but I just thought that, like @AkaPete said, if they didn’t offer it, people would complain. I thought it was nice thing to let people know in advance that prices are going up but they could secure another year at the old price. No one is forcing anyone to do it.

1 Like

I think both can be true.

Certainly they are raising the price because they need the money, and they feel the value/price proposition is worth it. I am sure many of us agree with the later.

Certainly, given the current competition, and the plans we think/hope they have, they would need cash sooner, rather than later.

2 Likes

It would make more sense a month or two prior to the renewel date to get an email proposing that renewel at a special price mantaining previous cost for instance. That is kind of the “grandfathering” deal going on at Traineroad that made me renew year after year mantaining the cost of my first annual subscription inspite anual subscripitions getting a raise almost every year. Eventualy by lack of use to justify having 3 apps I left TRoad and kepted RGT and Sufferfest.

Imagine life happens or you get injured and off the bike for several months :thinking: I wont renew now. Ill wait for the expiration of the current subscription and then I’ll decide.

3 Likes

Yeh I get what you’re saying. My position since the early days of the SUF app despite almost no use at all in the outdoor season was that my annual sub was my contribution to SCIENCE :).

2 Likes

When did people get emailed a code? I purchased the other night but received nothing as yet

I guess it depends on where you’re at. That is, if you’re a new annual subscriber then you wouldn’t need a code. You’d just pay the old price. But if you were already on the annual sub I’d presume the code would be needed to extend your current sub. Does that make any sense at all?

I received a code right after purchasing via email (sub: “Wahoo Fitness: New Order #xxx”).

The code was embedded in the email, about halfway down in a box with this header and a corresponding button to click through to activate (rather than copy/paste):
wahoox

1 Like

Well, if I carry the “life happens” to its conclusion, I wouldn’t even get an annual subscription at all, right?
“Life” could (and probably will!) happen tomorrow… somewhere… somehow…
Even though I had over 6 months left when this offer came out, I debated for a few days, but then renewed, not yet knowing what the increased price would be.

I prefer dealing with something like this once a year, knowing the service is there and available to me on any given day. And I’m NOT a heavy user by any means, riding outdoors every chance I can. But when I take a notion to ride inside, I don’t want to have to think about yet another account to set up, bring up to date, log in, or whatever other detail would stand between me and getting on the bike and riding.
SYSTM gives me good options, helpful filters to narrow down my choices, and is ready in no time when I start it up, and the only thing I have to do is decide which ride I want to do today!

One other thought, life MAY happen in a way that makes indoor rides even MORE necessary than they were before… If that happens to me, I’ll be glad I’m paid up for another 18 months.:grin:

My email with renewal code took a couple of days, so maybe hang tight.

Aha, good skills - thank you, hadn’t spotted that

2 Likes

How does this impact you?

Hey Tim,

Over the past year we’ve been working hard to bring more value to the Wahoo X Membership. Just in the past month we released the Voice Chat feature in RGT, along with the Dunoon Crossover Real Road, as well as new content including the On Location Portugal and ProRide Mont Ventoux rides in SYSTM. As we are continuing to make these types of additions to WahooX, we will be increasing the price of our annual membership from $129 to $149 USD to align with the increased value of the membership offering.

Your renewal is coming up on Nov 11, and will be renewing at the new $149 USD rate for 2023.

If you want to lock in another year with Wahoo X at the $129 USD rate before November 15th, 2022 visit our website to buy an annual membership. You will be sent a coupon code post purchase in the Order Confirmation email to extend the duration of your current membership. Ride, train, race and connect to build a better athlete within yourself.

Wahoo!

This email was very poorly phrased. I received it Nov 11th for a Nov 11th renewal. It reads my new subscription will be $ 149.00 and if I want to lock in the $129.00 price go to the website. Instead I look at my credit card bill and find a Nov 11th charge for the old price, contrary to the email, and a Nov 15th charge for the old price.
I hope Wahoo will employ better copy writers next year and review this stuff before it is sent out.