New Content: A Week With Phil Gaimon!

Fixed!

4 Likes

Thanks!! No more heart rate spikes!!

3 Likes

And the “Month with…” continues. Up next (and final!) with Phil Gaimon. I am ready!

73e1bd0b8a9350327257fa96d4e99f843d161059_2_499x375

:cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

3 Likes

@CPT_A Definitely a good series. For the Long KOM I almost hit a badass power record for 10 minutes. Phil does a nice job coaching in both the short and long KOM.

2 Likes

Oh well crap. :cry:

2 Likes

In honor of Phil G. week, today’s Short KoM was brought to you by a white chocolate oatmeal macadamia nut cookie from my local corner bakery.

6 Likes

Aw man. I don’t even like white chocolate and that’s geting me going.

1 Like

You need to come to Moustache in NZ. Even PhilG would score them 10,000/10. They are superb! My favourite of theirs is a Nutella cookie. So frikkin good!

1 Like

Phil G.'s neighborhood ride (day #4) brought to you by…a coconut macaroon.

cookies

1 Like

Last day. Phil’s long KOM. Brought to you by a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie as big as my head…

:cookie::cookie::cookie:

1 Like

aaaaand all done. that ends my “week with…” month with, in fact. Thanks guys!

Though I will confess I did Phil’s final Long KOM in no-vid so I could watch Paris Roubaix Femmes, so sorry for that LA.

:grimacing:

#weekwith
#girlsonbikes

6 Likes

The long KOM with Phil Gaimon was very motivating … so much so that I just signed up to ride his Cookie Fondo this October in Malibu, CA (https://www.philsfondo.com). Cookies at every rest stop ??? Am I even allowed that indulgence as a Sufferlandrian? The SYSTM videos were clearly promoting cookies … and the charities benefit children … so I guess GvA will look the other way on that day.

8 Likes

I doubt if I will do any of these again

1 Like

Any particular reason why?

I have Cremee Ride, Gravel Grinder and Rabbit Mountain as regular features in my training, solely the rest weeks.

I don’t/haven’t watch/ed the videos after the second viewing. That’s monotonous.

I found the them least inspiring rides on systm

1 Like

Since the discussion seems to tend toward if AWW sessions are to be repeated, I want to add, that I did AWWPG Neighborhood Ride and AWWNH The Office Commute several times whenever I had a Recovery Spin on my training plan. I also swapped AWWPG “Openers” for “Primers”. I find these AWW workouts as engaging as the On Location rides. It’s another twist than classical SUF workouts but it’s the variety, that makes SYSTM great.

6 Likes