πŸš€ New Knowledge Episode - What it takes to ride a Grand Tour πŸš€

Ok, some of you have asked what this secret project is and where were Sir David and I riding? All I can say is the gradient was up to 18% and the soil is very rocky and shallow, with a high gypsum content. Perfect for Chasselas grapes… any guesses where?

Although Sir David warned me months earlier to start training harder on SYSTM and get prepared for the trip I was still crushed by the terrain and sheer beauty of our adventures. When the road went Up Sir David got Down to business. Thanks for waiting at the top for me Sir! Ok, on to the next Knowledge episode I promised to catch you up on. This one is a great one!

Listen here: The Knowledge Podcast

We take a look at the types of riders who have a shot at Tour de France glory and what it takes to rise above everyone else and raise your arms in victory. 90 hours at over 40kph. Decreases in bone density. Dynamic calculations on time cuts. Dramatic maximum heart rate drops. More than 5,000 calories a day. Completing a Grand Tour is tough and our sports science team of Neal Henderson and Mac Cassin dive deep into the details – interrupted only by a few colorful stories – to help you understand what it really takes.

Cheers!
:wine_glass:

5 Likes

Is it the Vaud Alpes?

1 Like

You are hot! Very Hot! @TrapMeSuf :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like