New Toy - Wahoo Headwind

New toy added to the cave :slight_smile: bit of an indulgent purchase I know, but on first test it’s a cracking fan!!

12 Likes

Even though it makes the suffering a bit “easier”, no!? :wink:

2 Likes

I like to think of it as facilitating more of the right kind of suffering :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use this indindustrial fan. Less than a $100AuD and it absolutely cranks out the wind. I don’t really use a towel during my sessions anymore, it dries the holy water before it drops off the end of my nose.

4 Likes

Love mine - with HR control it can get pretty windy and you don’t have to get off and adjust after the warm up.

3 Likes

I’m still waiting for this:

3 Likes

I was skeptical about the Headwind thinking it was just a gimmick… but the HR rate mode changed my mind!!! The Headwind was well worth the price!

3 Likes

I’m putting it on the same bracket as the Garmin Varia Radar. Seems a bit ott until you use it!!

7 Likes

Didn’t even know it existed. The HR control is a great thing especially in winter

2 Likes

Yeah, must say that I didn’t know I needed mine until I got it.

5 Likes

Absolutely love mine in HR mode, a great addition to the pain cave

3 Likes

Good one - the inline remote is all i need, but I don’t think anyone has gone for that yet - this would do as a substitute until that happens - thanks for sharing - lets see if it hits the UK sometime

1 Like

I am using this at its max speed for every workout and then i got dry throat very fast. Do you guys have such issue? need to drink more than outdoor actually.

The heart rate feature and its shape for the Wahoo Headwind is seriously attractive!

1 Like

Yeah I do sometimes get a bit of a dry throat. The heart rate control is excellent though, I just had to try a few different settings for the parameters as you set at what HR it’s on minimum and which HR it goes to maximum.

I settled on the max being about 4-5bpm below my LTHR in the end.

1 Like

That does look good. Shame each is limited to 1 fan though. I need 2 minimum. For now you can wire them up using ~ £4 Sonoff Basic and control them actively using a phone. I typically jettison the phone once they’re on and I’m warm. Not as good as automatic though.

1 Like

Since getting the headwind I’ve gone down to just the single fan. Get a lot more air than the two I had before. That’s the beauty of it being s directional with the air flow.

2 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears:

6 Likes

OK, so I’ve not been shy about ripping on The Company for some of the stoopid decisions they make (cough TOUR cough), the MANY software issues, missing features, etc. So in fairness I will always call them out for a job done well also:

The Kickr Headwind is a great little piece of gear. Especially the HR controller (once I deleted the app off my phone so that it would work w SYSTM and RGT in-ride). It’s so compact, gets the air right where you want it, and SO QUIET!!!

No word on durability as yet - on my second Kickr Climb due to a 1st gen belt failure - though customer service was stellar in addressing that as well so…

TLDR: Great job on the fan.

:+1:t4: :+1:t4: :+1:t4:

4 Likes

Regarding durability, I know it’s only a single data point, but nearly 3 years on and mine’s still running like new!

3 Likes

I have to say I’m super happy with my Headwind. Angle of air flow is good, and the HR <> fan speed is really nifty and makes (dare I say) a pleasant feeling when you have to jump off the bike in the middle of the workout and hop back without feeling chilly because body cooled down a bit.

3 Likes