Hi, so I’m a newbie to sufferfest I’m only on day 3 of an all purpose road training plan with strength, yoga and mental and I’m loving it. I kind of realised what was in store for me as my partner is currently training to attempt (and succeed ;)) his knighthood on the 21st December. His chosen charity to raise money for is the stroke association as I suffered a stroke a few years ago and it’s left me with central post stroke pain syndrome and also chronic hemiplegic migraines which I have to have 31 botox injections in my head, shoulders and neck every 12 weeks.
I’m on so many meds per day but I’ve found focusing on something helps alot.
I have a real passion for cycling but since my stroke I’m too unsteady to go out on the road so the turbo has been a life saver for me.
I push myself hard and I’m determined (and slightly stubborn ;p) to complete this plan and go on to do more.
I just wanted to say hello and thankyou for putting together some awesome workouts. I may struggle but I won’t quit :muscle:
Shell

16 Likes

Good to have you on the Sufferfest Shell, I knew you would end up moving to the dark side :wink::joy:.
You’re a true inspiration to so many after everything you’ve been through and are still going through. For you to train the way you do makes me super proud.
I know you’ll love it in Sufferlandria and these fine people here will support you as I do until the bitter end. Just watch out for those laser goats!!! :scream::scream::wink::kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Laser goat’s?? Were you keeping that as a sneaky surprise for me? :flushed::joy: thanks Jeff :heart:

3 Likes

Ohhhh there’s plenty of surprises to be had along the way, don’t you worry :joy::wink::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hi @Shell! Welcome to SUF!

3 Likes

Thanks so much, glad to be here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to Sufferlandria, Shell! We’re stoked to have you join our beautiful nation.

Never let the Laser Goats catch you slacking! Did Jeff tell you about the Flogging Stations?

The Minions (Theminions@thesufferfest.com) are always happy to help with any troubleshooting, and all Sufferlandrians are looking forward to having you Suffer (in the right way) as much as possible.

Your story is inspiring. Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope you’ll share your thoughts and progress with us as you crush those workouts and training plans.

SUF is amazing; I hope you end up loving it as much as we do.

@Stotty82: Good luck in your Knighthood Quest! I look forward to having you join our ranks. :facepunch::sunglasses:

5 Likes

I am very honored to suffer alongside such fine company, dear Sharelle. Your story is inspiring and you sound like an absolute fighter. Glad to have you here with us.

Chapeau to you!

4 Likes

Thankyou so much Pierre, I’m happy to suffer along such lovely people as yourself

2 Likes

Thanks Renzo :blush:. The flogging stations? :flushed::joy: that’s something else that Jeff ‘forgot’ to tell me about. I’m looking forward to more suffering.
Day one was lovely and easy and I said on Instagram that I felt like I was being lured into a false sense of security :yum:. But on day 3 I said I was sweating more than a skiier in full kit in a sauna :sweat_smile: (it was the chores).
Thanks again for the lovely welcome :pray:

4 Likes

Cheers Renzo :beers:. I honestly can’t wait mate :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Shell!!! Fabulous to have an inspiring character like yourself here! Thanks for joining us. You can never leave.

4 Likes

Thankyou so much David, I’ll never leave now I’m here :smile: I’ll just try my best to avoid the flogging stations :wink: :flushed:

4 Likes

Welcome Shell, looks like you have been doing the wrong kind of suffering

2 Likes

Yeah and now it’s time to suffer in the right ways :flushed:
Thankyou for the welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome! You inspire us all.

In addition watching out for the laser goats, watch out for Fluffy, the Couchlandrian donut trick, and many more hazards!

2 Likes

Ahh thankyou so much :slight_smile:. I’m loving the structure of the road training plan I’m doing, it’s definitely making me work hard :muscle: but I’m enjoying it in a suffering kind of way.

1 Like