Nit-Picks and Typos

That’s how fast she is. She overtakes herself. How many Pro’s can do that :wink: :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

In the workout description for Hammer Chase 1, and the information about how to create the most immersive ProRides experience, it says that there are no heart rate targets.

I just did Hammer Chase 1, and there were most certainly heart rate targets throughout the video.

Incidentally, this topic has gotten so large, it takes a long time to scroll to the end in order to add a comment.

1 Like

FWIW, you can grab the scroll bar (to the right) - either with the mouse/trackpad on a computer or with your finger on a mobile device - and “fast” scroll to any point in a thread w/o trying to scroll all the way through.

1 Like

Today I did N.Henderson 6: Gravel Grinder.

The audio was not available for most of the ride. This was especially noticeable when @Coach.Neal.H was talking directly to the viewer.

The Wahoo intro and outro were audible, and occasionally the audio was there, so I know it was not my computer.

The captioning seemed inconsistent.

This must be my week for SYSTM workout problems.

I did Hobart City today. During the steep descent, the resistance in the flywheel skyrocketed to the point where I could barely move the pedals. It lasted for what seemed to be about 5-6 seconds before it returned to normal. The power targets on the screen were consistent with the rest of the workout.

Argh, so frustrating when that happens. Was it the trainer doing a death spiral?

Yes it did.
The strange thing is that the two other times that I did the workout, that did not happen.

@Heretic I think this might have been the 1st week with series and they had some issues with audio that they adjusted for the other AWW series. I recall one or more of the rides they didn’t give mics to the other riders so it is a one way conversation for the viewer. It is too bad because I really like that workout and the scenery in the video.

@Heretic I don’t recall having any problems with that video and wouldn’t rule out some sort of interference with the trainer.

What kind of interference? For the rest of the workout, including all the other positive and negative changes to the trainer’s inclination, everything was fine.

I thought they fixed this but look at the audio settings on your computer. This happened on a few of the Neal rides where the audio was out of phase. You wouldn’t hear any difference if the computer was delivering in stereo sound, but if it was converting sound to mono, it causes the out of phase audio to drop out.

I had my computer in mono (because I have little hearing in one ear) and when I switched it back to stereo, it sounded fine. And this only happened on a few of those specific rides.

I do not see in my Control Panel audio settings any place to switch between mono and stereo.

@Heretic No idea but sometimes goofy things happen with my sensors and that is why I mention it. As an example, when my wife is also workout out nearby playing stuff on an app I can sometimes have issues. I also seem to have issues when my Bluetooth headphones are not yet paired or when I have another app open. Just adding it as a possibility.

I don’t know what computer you have, but on my Mac, the stereo/mono selection is located under the accessibility settings and not the sound settings.

The machine in question is a Windows device.

I think in Settings if you search for mono, then audio settings come up and there is a check box for turning on/off mono audio.

Found that, thanks.
Now I have to find the time to do the workout again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It happened again when I was doing Rabbit Mountain during the Tour.
During the intro, warm up, first repeat, the recovery section where @Coach.Neal.H showed his bicycles, and the second repeat the audio was fine.

The recovery sections after that had no audio, while the third and fourth repeats, and the outro had audio.

Based on past experience I would have expected the audio on the first recovery section not to work, but it was fine here. This was a new computer setup so I will have to check the mono setting, but I should not have to do that.

not sure if i asked this before or if you’ve already done it but have you tried a complete uninstall of the app, restart of your computer and reinstall of the app. Sounds like (pun not intended) something has gone glitchy.

1 Like

This is a brand new computer, so effectively I have done that.

@Heretic even though I had earbuds in for music during today’s stage, I paused the music to listen to Neal in the recovery sections of Rabbit Mountain. For certain, the balance on several of those sections is to the left channel. I was using laptop built-in speakers for this, but it was quite apparent.

1 Like