Observations from today's FF

Full Frontal day for me today. Improvements in all categories. Smile.

During the penguin waddle I managed to trip over my cable supplying the Wahoo Kickr Core. It’s a great design as it unplugs and easily from a connector rather than breaks. Mercifully it has a really good capacitance in the power-brick and I was able to reconnect the cable before the Bluetooth connection to the PC went down. Phew, the clever design made up for my stupidity on that one.

I did of course set the Sufferefest to Level mode as instructed but it seemed to keep changing the level and especially during the 20min test I kept having to hit the keyboard to keep it in the level I wanted. It was most distracting. Then about 15mins into the FTP test it started to behave consistently.
What I had done was to record to Zwift on my phone as well as the SUF on the PC. Zwift kept trying to change the trainer resistance as I encountered different slopes. At a certain point the 25km free ran out and Sufferfest was able to control the trainer properly. So on that one my stupidity caused me stress.

5 Likes

So glad you survived you self inflicted near disasters … the penguin walk is crucial to get right. Now you get to suffer properly with your new and oh so fresh EnterPainMent numbers. TOS2021 here you come.

1 Like

I’m committed (in more ways than one) to the ToS 2021. I’m looking forward to it (or least to surviving it) but my numbers are a fair bit higher than last year which should make it tougher.
And, yes I attribute those higher 4DP profile numbers to training with the Sufferfest.

1 Like