Wahoo X July/August Challenge - Proven in the Peloton

Join us for an exhilarating French adventure like no other!

This summer, Wahoo X invites you to prove yourself like the pro peloton and take on some of France’s most iconic climbs. No matter if you are a climber, a sprinter, a GC rider, or simply here for the scenery — dive into our best-of-France workouts made for elevating your fitness.

This challenge will run from July 1 to August 31, and you will need to stick with us throughout the summer to achieve your badge. As well as some familiar iconic workouts, the challenge also includes some new workouts which will be released along the way:

You have until August 31 to complete these 8 workouts:

1. The Wretched
  2. Wolfpack Insider: France
  3. There is no Try
  4. Mt. Ventoux
  5. The Trick
  6. On Location Classic Climbs of France: Col de la Couillole (Available to ride July 11)
  7. On Location Classic Climbs of France: Col de Braus (Available to ride July 11)
  8. On Location Classic Climbs of France: Alpe d’Huez (Available to ride August 13)

You can also load the training plan:
SYSTM

Complete all eight workouts in Wahoo SYSTM to earn the ‘Proven in the Peloton’ Challenge badge! Please note, to earn your badge you must complete the indoor SYSTM version and have a valid Wahoo X subscription.

For More Information about the challenge:

1. Visit our webpage
  2. Challenge FAQ Page
24 Likes

Looking fwd to new workout storylines :+1:

4 Likes

@Rupert.H you might want to check the l7nk, all I get is a 404 page

1 Like

Gotta say I’m pretty stoked for the new OL rides!!

Given the series title “Classic Climbs of France” I’m wondering if this is gonna be a more “traditional” replication of the climbing experience. Sort of a Pro Ride/OL hybrid where our host’s power is replicated and adjusted to our 4DP profiles. :pray:

5 Likes

Excellent stuff again Rupert.

Since we’re not getting much of a summer here in Scotland, it’s a great set of rides to hit.

:+1: :+1:

1 Like

It should be interesting climbing the real Alpe De Huez as I’ve climbed Zwift’s version and it took me 1:45 minutes.
Also I accessed the plan from the app. All the rides were on the last week of August.

3 Likes

same here

cuz it’s not really a “training” plan. It’s just a way to get the rides into your calendar. Then you can move them to whatever works for you. That said, we’ll all need to wait for the new OL vids to be released so we can add them to our calendars too.

2 Likes

I’m doing them all in one go on August 8th because I feel the need for something suf worthy :wink:

Edit: I need to move this event to August 18th due to travel.

5 Likes

Thank you Rupert! I’m looking forward to the new on-location rides! I really like the OL, especially as I was inspired to ride a bike by Mike Cotty’s Col Collective videos when I was a teenager (2014/2015).

7 Likes

Nice!!!

Hear that Sir Standsalot? @michael.cotty

3 Likes

All going to plan, I’ll be finishing the L’Etape du Tour atop the Col de la Couillole on Saturday and can look forward to reliving the suffering the day after I return home :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Ya know it was -3.5C here at the start of my race last weekend. Summer? What’s that?

Chris (downunder)

1 Like

Interesting as it is in the Training Plan area. The good part is that you can move them around!

Training plan link updated and contains all 5 currently available workouts on consecutive days giving you the flexibility to reschedule them when you want.
You will need to add the 3 new ones manually as we release them. They will also be visible as homepage cards:

SYSTM

7 Likes

yeh, I was just meaning it’s not an actual “training plan”, just a “plan”.

3 Likes

Looks great and I’m excited to ride the new content! I’ve found Z’s climb portals a bit psychadelic and would much prefer a ProRide style beasting from Sir Standslot @michael.cotty

I’ve fingers crossed for a range of OL famous climb rides as a new niche for SYSTM :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

If we get to descend part of Alpe D’Huez can we do it as Mr Cotty and hopeful not from Tom Pidcock a few years ago when he went down it like a madman don’t think my Kickr Bike could take the downhill without snapping in half

1 Like

I did his Gran Canaria rides in the last couple of weeks all were just fantastic and a bit different to the usual On Location rides

4 Likes

I like going “pedal to the metal” on the Zwift descents to see how high a speed I can attain. Using 53x12 I can typically reach 50 something mph for parts of the downhill. No risks training indoors; cause you can’t crash on Zwift.

1 Like