On Location rides

:smiley: Thatā€™s a skill I guess. Now explain in French that you need a new tubeā€¦

I did the same ride yesterday, it did nearly killed me in the end. Thereā€™s quite the kicker towards the top.

1 Like

Priceless.

Did you manage to change the tube while the laser goats were lurking nearby? Or abandon? Lucky Fluffy wasnā€™t aboutā€¦ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Can we send @michael.cotty and the camera person to The Hautacam and the lovely Rocacorba please

3 Likes

Ohhhā€¦Canada!!! you got my vote!

1 Like

Would it be possible to ad subtitles, I canā€™t hear each word due to the sounds coming out of my machine and my body :slight_smile:
Thijs

2 Likes

Weā€™re through 4 of them and really hope they have more. Itā€™s a great combo of story line and scenery. And Iā€™d agree- these workouts have a bite to them and I like how they slot into the entire program.

1 Like

If we get subtitles, I vote that they be optional. I loved the photography and would prefer not to clutter the screen unless necessary.

2 Likes

I see an opportunity for Systm to go international with this. Optional English subtitles for clarity is great, but Iā€™m sure there are large markets to enter when offering subtitles in different languages.

4 Likes

off course! optional

And after the sheep, come the cows! :sheep: :cow2: :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

MORE MORE MORE Please! They are absolutely the best of all SYSTM, specially if you combine them with changing your percentage of FTP, you can really make them extremely hard if thatā€™s what you want! @michael.cotty you need to go to Colombia like the GCN guys did and try to do one of those famous ā€œAltosā€, there will be sheeps and after that cows, after that also llamas and much much more :smiley: !

8 Likes

Best get that ticket booked, sheeps, cows, llamas and the odd road to ride! Sounds like a winner!!! :love_you_gesture:t3:

10 Likes

Old Fall River road is awesome! Felt like a throw back to Jurassic Park! :ok_hand:t3:

6 Likes

Weā€™re making these rides as real as can be! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks for your appreciation :pray:t2:

7 Likes

Iā€™m scarred for life, just so wrong :joy:

6 Likes

Hats off to those involved on the OL production. These really are a step up and without employing the use of AR/AI these are about as immersive as I expect one could get.

The improved camerawork from the tailing bike (sometimes dropped back, right behind and occasionally overtaken by MC) plus the drone footage in ride symmetry (especially on the switchbacks) ā€¦ they all make it feel super super real.

Leaning into the corners, the road noise, plus the familiar drumbeat of your own whirring spokes and rubber, being overtaken by cars & trucks and overtaking other cyclists all support the feeling you and Mike are just out there, together, for real.

So real in fact that as Mike (ā€œand Iā€) overtake other riders on the climb I get the urge to say ā€œhiā€ and on Le Cap, by the time you get to the two big climbs youā€™re about an hour in and it feels like heā€™s dragged you up there and so the commitment to stay with him and tuck in is magnified.

Itā€™s also great not to be given a cadence target at times as it enables you to immerse in the imagery more with less distraction.

Kudos, and great to hear thereā€™s more in the pipe :wink::fire:

11 Likes

I think this is one of the really interesting things about On Location, A Week With and ProRides. You simply canā€™t quit the ride early because someone is depending on you - youā€™re in this TOGETHER. Youā€™d be letting the other side down by bailing and so you go on.

10 Likes

To me this is what sets it apart from Rouvy and Zwift riding with @michael.cotty or in one of the Pro Rides or even A Week With is much more real to me than riding in a cartoon world with animated riders Zwift or real locations but still animated riders Rouvy it just doesnā€™t feel real that to me is where the bar has been raised, other people may like that but itā€™s not for me

6 Likes

First On Location ā€œLitorā€. This is great stuff!! @michael.cotty is a great tour guide but with ā€˜freshā€™ FF numbers he really makes it sting. (He seems to have a troubling affinity to livestock however!!) Canā€™t wait to try some more.

9 Likes