Planned workout doesnt work

I will also switch to another brand. The missing workout creator is already disappointing, but the broken interface to Trainingpeaks (which is the only option) is inexcusable. For now planned workouts or training plans are not supported by the Rival.

2 Likes

Totally agree with you. I was un big Wahoo fan, but now I am extremly disapointed !
This is a huge fail. that’s why the workout creator should be integrated in the wahoo app…

1 Like

By the way, the Strava sync of the Rival also seems to be broken now. Next to the map preview an empty “media” file is shown in Strava mobile app: “Processing media: Tap to see progress”. This message does not disappear even after a week.

I don’t have this problem with the Roam, only with the Rival

The missing media file is because of a change Strava made so Wahoo can push over files (mainly pretty pictures). It’s nothing you or others can do anything about, for now. Hopefully, Strava and Wahoo will sort this out and get fixed.

Well done, I want to do the same. But I’m torn between Polar and Garmin.

:joy:
To be honest I have a Garmin that out features the Rival every day of the week but I do love an underdog. Just a shame the underdog is not getting the support to keep up the good fight.

1 Like

Agreed. The Rival has so much promise. Bought it as I had issues with Garmin accuracy a few years ago. Also thought the handover between Rival and Roam was a great idea. Touchless transition seemed cool too.
Unfortunately for some reason development seems to have stopped.
Worse seems to have gone backwards as cannot sync with TP anymore.
Sad that there’s no response from Yahoo to this issue one way or the other.
Garmin seems to have sorted things so it’s back to them I guess.
Don’t think Wahoo wil shed a tear as they’ve already got my (our) money.
Sad.

1 Like

I contacted Wahoo about this issue. It is a known problem and they are working on it. See the mail below I received from Jeremy.

"Thank you for letting us know about your experience. This is an issue we are aware of and we have opened an internal ticket with our development team to investigate and resolve the problem.

Since we have an open ticket with our development team, all customer service tickets related to the issue (including this one) will be marked as “On-Hold” and merged with the developer ticket to be monitored internally. This process allows us to send automatic notifications to you via email when changes are complete. Full release notes are posted on https://support.wahoofitness.com

Be sure to keep your app and device up-to-date to receive the fix, when available.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and support as we strive to serve you better. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns in the meantime."

Going on a full month and still not fixed.

1 Like

Definitely not enough!
I had to buy a garmin to be able to do my workouts !!!

Hi!
I have the same problem for some time now. I’ve got the same message that it’s an open ticket and they’re “working” on it.
Does Wahoo read in to this forum?
Because I’m on the verge of switching brand for this Bs

Actually, they skim these forums. If you need support, submit a support request. As to adding capabilities that aren’t there, it’s not an easy process. Sometimes devices are at capacity and adding a feature means removing something else.

It’s an existing feature.

Frustration and venting about issues such as these is normal on forums, especially when the response to address restoring the broken functionality on the Rival is taking longer than a month.

This is unacceptable.

Venting is just fine. Expecting the vendor to read every post isn’t. A 70% reduction in manpower doesn’t bode well for quick responses to what could be a complex issue doesn’t make for quick resolution either.

It’s not about them skimming these forum.
It think everybody in this thread filed a complaint trough the support desk.
As @jfc is saying. It’s been over month.
The response I got from support was hilarious.
To still be able to continue with interval trainings the suggested writing down the training on a piece of paper to keep track of you intervals while working out.
Like this the RIVAL just becomes a glorified activity track which cost me 400 euros 1,5 years ago.
Imagine being a semi-pro, stuck in this situation….

Oh and to add, we’re not asking for a new feature. There hasn’t been a big update at trainings peaks, so nothing changed on their side. Why can’t the just do a rollback in the ELEMNT app to when it was still functional?

1 Like

Change the things you can, and accept there are things you can’t. In this case you can’t change the speed of resolution of this. It is what it is right now, and hopefully will change in the future.

1 Like

There is a fix from Wahoo, both in the app as a firmware update on the Rival. Trainingpeaks workouts can be synced again, and selected on the Rival watch. One problem I am encountering: I cannot start a workout from my iPhone. After selecting I get the following message: failed to select planned workout. Nevertheless I am glad I can select Trainingpeaks workouts directly on my Rival again.

1 Like

There still seems to be an issue: While the TP workout automatically pops up on the Rival as expected, the message “there was an error loading the workout on ELEMNT” appears if you pick the workout via the ELEMNT app.

I contacted Wahoo support about this issue. The answer:
“ Thank you for the follow up. This is an issue that we were aware of pre release, but decided to launch so that at least functionality on the RIVAL could be restored.

I’ve tagged your ticket to the developer ticket associated with this issue, and when it is fixed, you’ll get an update here. ”

So work in progress…

1 Like

I also have an issue syncing my workout from Wahoo to Stryd. In the past, there was an automatic sync between the two platforms. But after the update, automatic syncing stopped.
When I export the Wahoo workout to a fit file, and manually import it in Stryd Powercenter, I get an error. Strange, because Stryd power is available in the data. Anyone else with the same Stryd issue?