Please 🙏 bring back the ERG/Level buttons to the Kickr Bike

I have requested this directly via Wahoo help, but wanted to add this to the treads. Terribly missing the ERG/Level thumb button functionality on my Kickr bike that used to be in the Sufferfest app. Anyone else?

7 Likes

I have a Kickr bike as well and would love that feature.

3 Likes

Yes please, would love to have that functionality back!

1 Like

I didn’t have a Kickr bike in the Sufferfest app days. Would be super useful :+1:

1 Like

Glad to hear I’m not the only one missing that functionality. If you have a sec - perhaps a few more requests to the help desk would push it up the list? I can’t imagine the code base is radically different between the Sufferfest (RIP) and the new Wahoo X app.

1 Like

It’s actually totally different code as the Suf app was a native iOS app but now they use Centrecode which is a web app.

Whether it’s hard to write though I have no idea :slight_smile: just that it’s not a simple lift and shift.

1 Like

Actually, as @aerobrain pointed out, the codebase is dramatically different. If it weren’t, it would be possible to bring in ANT+ functionality and much more. As to the buttons, it depends on where in the priorities they are. Would be great to bring them in as they were a feature that existed in the previous application.

2 Likes

Definitely miss this feature. It was really helpful at the end of hard workouts when you get in the ErG cadence slowdown " spiral of death" Now I have to pause and switch to level. Also pretty much any workout that had long rests with high intensity bits in between, etc

You might have thought of this already, but you could use a Bluetooth mouse remotely to change between Erg and Level mode. It is not as easy, but it gets the job done.

1 Like

I am able to switch between erg and level modes on my Kickr Core without stopping or pausing. Can either use keyboard shortcuts or a wireless mouse on my PC while still pedaling.

1 Like

Yep or you can programe sram blip buttons to do it and mount them on your bars. But seems a waste when the Kickr bike has buttons RIGHT there waiting to be used.

2 Likes

It certainly is a waste, but I try to solve problems if I can, without waiting for somebody who does not seem interested in solving them.

3 Likes

Does this option only work paired to a laptop - or can you get it to work with an iphone/android?

I would be a dream comin’ true

No idea in all honesty, but in theory it should work, might just need some coding wizardry

Just seeing this thread and definitely would LOVE to have more USE OUT OF THE BUTTONS on my KICKR Bike!
Switching easily between ERG and LEVEL would be great.
Can anyone also tell a little more about how it worked? Is it a simple switchover to whatever LEVEL mode you had selected, or back to ERG?
Or did it allow changing the LEVEL as well? (I’m guessing only the former?)

2 Likes

I would like to be able to do SOMETHING with the buttons. The only thing they do now is steer in RGT and that ends tomorrow. Do they do anything else? Switching between ERG & Level would be fantastic.

1 Like

I couldn’t pass that thread without chiming in, as that’s been my let request since basically forever. I think I requested this before KICKR BIKE even existed :innocent:.
The original implementation wasn’t perfect (too easy to switch between 500 W in ERG mode to Level 0 while grabbing a handful of handlebar drops), but the feature was soooo useful.
Also: it’s even worse on the BIKE SHIFT because now in SYSTM, none of the SIX buttons do anything.

2 Likes

Perfect example of companies pulling out perfectly good and useful features for no good reason whatsoever.

2 Likes