Power resistance delay since last update

FYI, The resistance power used to be super responsive until the most recent update this week. Now it hangs on and keeps resistances high for about 10 seconds before handing back control to the trainer and matching the software Target.

You’ll get better responses here if you include information about your OS, app version, trainer, and method of connecting the app to your devices.

Windows 10 with Cycleops Magnus. Worked perfect for a long time until today, (first time I tried it since the update this past week). Now there’s a delay that seems built in, which keeps the resistance higher than power target for about 10 seconds give or take. The ride today was recharger i believe.

Processing: IMG_20211204_160514559_HDR.jpg…

Is the problem only the sprints at the end or all the way through the workout? Could also be a problem with the signal between trainer and computer, any other changes in set up - fans on? Another app trying to access trainer?

Same problem throughout the workout. I’ve never had the issue and nothing has changed in the setup or connection.

I’ve got it connected through ANT+ so Bluetooth isn’t an issue.

ANT+ works on the same frequency as BT so can also suffer interference. That said, you could try on BT and see if it improves it.

Unfortunately I run ANT+ because the Bluetooth used to drop out so frequently with Sufferfest and other than a new fancy name and photos of models on in the software I don’t think they improved the underlying software, so I stick with what works… Except now the one thing about the software that did work really well no longer does. I gave SYSTM another chance after the training plan I was in got hijacked by the rebranding, then dealt with a weeks worth of workouts without the 4DP profile pulling in, but now I’m starting to really regret the decision to try it again.

I hope they got a lot of new swimmers and badminton players to sign up, because they’re gonna be losing their core members with all the crappy software “upgrades” they’re doing to attract non cyclists.

If you had a lot of drop outs on BT it implies there is interference on the 2.4GHz range. ANT+ also works in that range so you are probably affected by that too, albeit to a lesser extent. This might be worth a watch.

1 Like

Never had an issue until this most recent update. Nothing has changed. The Bluetooth problems are only on Sufferfest. Zwift works fine, as does Rouvy and RGT.

Update to this thread… The power resistance issue went away on its own for now.

I’ve had this same issue. Running Systm on a HP laptop Core i3 windows 10 system. The problem seems to be something between Windows and ANT+. I solved it by switching to Bluetooth, but not the onboard one because it is terrible. I had to purchase a quality Bluetooth dongle, im my case the TP-Link UB400 did the trick and Systm is working very smootly with almost instanataneous power resistance changes. My trainner is a chinese ThinkRider X7 Pro.

Thanks for the update, I’ll try that. Coincidentally I recently put my head unit on my bike and connected my bike’s power meter/cadence via ANT+ and switched SYSTM to Bluetooth. I’ve also got an HP notebook, and the Bluetooth connection to my Cycleops Magnus is very weak despite it being just 5 feet away.

The power delays for me aren’t on every workout and don’t always occur, but when they do it’s usually at an inconvenient part of the workout because it happens on a high load, (for example on “primers” the higher power/higher resistance will carry on 10 to 30 seconds beyond the prescribed time, long after the computer screen shows it should have dropped, (so the pc shows my power output in red like at 280 watts or whatever, but the target is 98 watts).

I’m gonna try the Bluetooth adapter to see if it helps the signal strength and response time. I’m running out of USB connections now lol.

It’s also worth plugging the Bluetooth adaptor into a USB extension lead so you have flexibility on positioning. I ran “Prorides Ride London 1” today using a TPLink UB500 on an extension lead and the power changes were flawless on my Kickr Core.

Thanks I will use the extension that my ANT+ is plugged into and positioned about midway between trainer and PC, or approximately 3 feet.

Todd Donald

Yes exactly the same here, the workout i use for benchmark is “Half is Easy”, the delay occurs on those high intensity efforts (orange), both on the beggining and the end of the same part, when resistance goes up and when it goes down too on the same interval, but not on all of them, looks like it is random, but very annoying thing.

The TP-Link UB400 is Bluetooth 4.0 and the UB500 is 5.0, so if your trainner is BT 4.0 or under you can save some money by getting the 4.0. Hope it works for you!

I tried the Bluetooth adapter suggested along with my usb extension and tried “Tapers” which although it may be premature, seems to work flawlessly (on that workout anyway). It was strange though because the signal getting to the new Bluetooth was actually the same strength, (1 to 2 of 5 bars), yet it had trouble connecting to the trainer until I moved the usb dongle about a foot closer to the trainer, increasing the signal to 3 of 5 bars and that seems to be working.

Update: The The TP-Link UB400 seemed to help the workout “Primer’s” in so far as that lag or hold on the resistance. So far, so good. Thanks for the tip!!!

That’s awesome! :grin: