Preparing for the Wahooligan Tour

1 Like

So let it be written. So let it be done. :scroll: :crossed_swords: :goat:

2 Likes

With apologies to @Glen.Coutts

In honor of the memory of Sir Dan, I have pledged to ride Defender every day of February.

That should also get me in great shape for the Tour.

You can assist me by donating:

:scroll: So let it be written. So let it be done. :scroll:

5 Likes

how is it that you DO NOT HAVE THIS BADGE YET?!?!?!?!?! :wink:

2 Likes

That’s just, well, very honourable. Nuts, of course, but honourable.

3 Likes

BECAUSE KITCHEN SINK, SIR GLEN! ARE YOU NOT PAYING ATTENTION?!?

:crazy_face:

I kid you not, EVERYTIME I’ve scheduled KS over the years, something has come up and scuttled the plan. It’s my great white whale.

3 Likes

I did it first when released for the October 2017 Sufferlandrian National Day. 16 minutes before the end…CRAMPS!!! Hobbled to the finish. It was glorious! Did it next as Stage 9 in the ToS of 2018. Never again (except a couple times as reduced intensity endurance vids prior to the Insp film category but that was just weird). You’ve got this Cap’n Sir!

2 Likes

images (37)

6 Likes

Who is joining us tomorrow for an RGT Training ride?

1 Like

For the benefit of everyone not in the US, i think that is:
17:00 (Tue 7th) and 00:00 (Wed 8th) UTC.

1 Like

Shouldn’t that be 17:00 (Tue 7th) and 00:00(midnight) Tues/Weds 7th/8th ?? They are behind in time for most of us in Europe/Asia/ Australasia etc

Yes, fixed, thanks

1 Like

So being thick, just trying to figure out doing last stage first… (hopefully today Sunday 5th March) but I have not successfully used RGT yet (using iPad) and do not seem to be able to find TGTTOS as a structured workout… is it only available as a group ride?

2 Likes

Not thick at all. LOADS of folks have asked the same thing. The Company has yet to create the “event(s)” for this stage on RGT. But, you don’t have to ride it there. You are perfectly free to ride the SUF vid in SYSTM (if for nothing but to witness Sir @michael.cotty Michael Cotty’s Oscar worthy performance as he foolishly attempts to scale Mt. Sufferlandria…on a bicycle! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: , silly man).

The Company has been a little “mum” on how they’re going to arrange Stage 7(a) but I suspect that, to accommodate the 50 hour window, there’ll be a couple of group workout rides, with different ride “leads” and TGTTOS embedded as the workout profile.

Edit: I see The Company has added a warm up/cool down/chat road route but still no Stage events yet. Keep your eyes open for an announcement, I’m sure in the coming days (you know minions and time can’t be relied upon).

5 Likes

Thanks Sir @Glen.Coutts . due to timing will be riding this one today… as have a race on Tuesday on the other (shall not be named platform) so just trying to fit all in… off to try and find my DPF password to officially register…

4 Likes

Best wishes to all riders for this year’s Tour. I’m in awful shape so decided to just go all in today with one week to go. Nothing like Pain, Agony and Misery as your riding companions :volcano::sob:

9 Likes

Just finishing up the March badge rides. That ride on location in Tasmania is a good primer for Revolver coming up in the Tour for us MAP challenged. Can’t wait to complete that first day!

3 Likes

@Rupert.H

Two questions on the tour posters. Is there any chance to get this year’s poster in a smaller size? I have framed prints from tours in the past, and those add some Sufferfest flair to my office (see picture). The 18x24 size would be too big (12x16) would be ideal.

Second, my 2020 poster was a victim of the pandemic. And now it is no longer available for purchase… Any chance I could get a copy though wahoo? It would be said not have that hanging up.

Hey Erik,
I will try and get the smaller poster size in store tomorrow or by Friday latest, I’ll message you to let you know and also see what I can do about the 2020 poster.

3 Likes

@Rupert.H you and the other minions are the best!

3 Likes