Remove badges that can't be obtained

Never managed to earn the November challenge badge. Would rather not be reminded of it forever :slight_smile:

16 Likes

The “All Running” badge would qualify as unobtainable for me, too. I’d much rather do FF sessions than pick up running!

8 Likes

Can I substitute yoga for running?

3 Likes

+1

2 Likes

Well…there’s unobtainable for you personally, and unobtainable for anyone but there is a cheat for the all Running badge. You could “ride” them. I’ve never done this personally, but I have been thinking about it. Not just to get the badge, but to actually see the videos :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I may need a bike to keep up with the runners on those videos, so this a great and wholly legitimate idea.

8 Likes

Love that idea. Maybe something for next year.

Wonder if it’s possible to ride Yoga for Runners too :wink:

5 Likes

:joy: :joy:

Think of it as perpetual flogging, Sir @Glen.Coutts . :smirk:

4 Likes

As part of my “get all the badges” quest thing this year, I’ll say the yoga for runners is pretty good, actually. I find the hips and core stuff probably better and more focused than the regular offerings.

No offense @abicarver! Love them all! :grimacing:

8 Likes

I hate ALL the yoga and I hate @abicarver and she knows it. Screaming toes, half reclining hero, etc etc. I’ve said this before but I am pretty sure she is the real GvA. But the yoga for runners is the bomb.

7 Likes

Can’t argue with any of this. Though confession time: I hate downward dog. I have a squat little sprinter’s body, built like a fire hydrant, and can only imagine my downward dog is the absolute worst.

:smirk:

4 Likes

There’s a LOT of down dog in Abi’s stooopid yoga vids. I like down dog. Due to an injury what I can’t do (besides screaming toe etc etc) are diving yoga pushups or a flow move from down dog to up dog. I’m also not a fan of boat pose. Seriously, I mean who the eff needs a boat?! I’m in the prairies of Canada for GvA’s sake. Oh, and yoga bicycles?! Really?! Why on Grunter’s scorched earth would anyone pretend to ride a bicycle when there is LITERALLY a bicycle right here?!?!?!

(This could have more to do with my exceptionally poor core strength so I can’t blame her for that but I hate her anyway :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

I know I need to get back into yoga, definitely been failing over the last 6 months. Now my daughter has taken over my kickr core and has her bike setup next to mine, my yoga space is disappeared.
Really must find a way to get back into it

3 Likes

Do NOT tell Abi, but yeh, me too. Restarted yesterday along with some daily S&M :wink:

4 Likes

Parenting goals! :+1:

4 Likes

You’re not supposed to say the quiet part out loud! Let’s just say I’m not getting any yoga badges anytime soon. I can barely get into one pose before she’s moved on to the next #^*~& one. I also have issues visualizing what I’m supposed to be doing so by the time I’ve seen what I’m never going to contort to she’s moving around yet again!

2 Likes

Hehe. Tbh, I actually have ALL the yoga badges. Cuz, badges. Also, while I truly do hate it, I know it’s good for me. I can manage most of the poses (at least I used to be able to) but I’ve got some vids on a DO NOT PLAY list.

I had set a goal of doing it daily but broke my streak on June 1 this year at 196 days in a row. Also, I call the SUF Yoga, aka Yoga15, yoga for people who hate yoga. I LOVE that SUF includes it in the subx even if I hate it. Also, full disclosure, I feel much better in general when I’m doing it regularly, hence my return to the fold. 2 in a row today, :rofl: You really do get better with practice and I don’t know many people, cyclists in particular who couldn’t do with being a little more bendy :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve appreciated the addition of all the mobility & stability stuff, which I now intersperse w @abicarver’s videos.

2 Likes

I will likely never get any yoga badges. I have done Ian Boswell’s morning routine a few times, which isn’t horrible. I think the difference is the yoga I have tried is so rigid to the point that it comes off as elitist. Ian’s routine is just a guy stretching. Just how it comes across to me. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes