Roam 2 Sync Failures

Has anyone else had their synced routes disappear? Repeatedly I have turned on the device and found I have 0 Routes showing, despite the fact that I have 93 routes in my library that were fully synced to my Roam 2 the night before. Then I turn on my device at the start of a ride and…0 routes. I’ve learned how to activate the debug menu to retrieve them, but that is a cumbersome process and requires Wi-Fi. Is this a known issue?

1 Like

Not me and I’ve been using the R2 since it was released. I do find the syncing process a little funny sometimes but never had 0.

You should probably connect directly with support (if you haven’t already), as if others have had the issue there may be a resolution.

Thanks, have done so. They’ve taught me the workaround but it is cumbersome and requires working with the app and WiFi, not always available at the start of a ride. Routes synced to the device should not disappear the next time it is turned on. And the normal sync process (from the device) does not bring them back. Hoping there are others who’ve experienced this.

1 Like

So per support it seems the problem may have been that I had less than 1GB of available storage on my Roam2 — because the thing comes pre-loaded with maps of every continent on the globe. Deleting everything but the US freed up 25GB. Why on earth Wahoo loads the entire planet as a default setting is beyond me, when it interferes with basic functionality. I can download what I need when I travel abroad.

1 Like

Strange indeed. Glad it’s resolved. I can’t recall what was loaded on mine originally but I tend to fiddle with all sorts of settings when I get a new toy and in terms of maps, knew that only Canada and a couple US states would ever get used in my case so made sure that’s all I had enabled.

Fingers crossed. Thank you for weighing in!

1 Like

Good day gentlemen,

I can report the same issue on my Wahoo Elemnt Roam V1 since a couple of weeks. The synchronised routes seem to disappear randomly out of nowhere. I do plan and sync my routes with my komoot account only. I am not using the companion app for that.

Wahoo Elemnt Roam V1 software version is WR20 17025
Companion app on mobile phone version is 1.77.0.22 (android)

I suspect a software bug in one of the latest releases. I recall to haven’t had any issues with the route synchronisation 4-6 weeks ago.

To overcome the 0 routes, I have to initiate another (manually triggered) sync within my WIFI, which unfortunately is a time-consuming process due to the amount (~50) and length of routes planned.

Any help is appreciated.

Hey @wieselflink, the OP had issues with the ROAM2. Your unit, the ROAM1, may have other issues as I don’t think there is nearly the same amount of storage on the R1 vs the R2. In any case, you should reach out directly to support as well. They might have a suggestion for your specific case but need to hear it directly from you to know if they can help. https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I recommend checking your available storage, and if it’s less than 1 or 2 GB, delete some maps from continents you don’t need. That resolved the issue for me. (It took support multiple incidents over several weeks to come to this conclusion — one that should have been obvious to them IMO). Unless you frequently ride on all seven continents, you won’t miss having all those maps, and you can always re-download them befor you ride Paris - Dakar. :slight_smile:

Thanks, both.
As you know, the old unit has only 2 GB of space. On mine only the necessary maps are installed and usually around 900 MB are still free. That, so far, has never been an issue in the past.

Anyway, I have created a support ticket. Let’s wait what they are suggesting.

1 Like

Welp, my routes have vanished yet again. And none of the methods that brought them back previously have worked this time. So fed up. This will be my fourth round with support on this issue. Just about ready to switch to Garmin.

Gaaahh!!

Wieselflink, wondering if you found a solution to this?

Thanks for the reminder. I wanted to post my feedback here.

Well, no solution. I received a quite unsatisfying standard reply from support:

It seems like your issue might be related to the sync process. Ensure your ELEMNT is connected to WiFi and authenticated with Komoot. Navigate to the map page on the ELEMNT, click ROUTES, then SYNC to begin syncing. If issues persist, try re-authenticating your Komoot account in the Companion App. For more details, visit: https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000638644.
You can also try deauthorizing Komoot and re-authorizing to reestablish the connection, instructions here under the "Deauthorize / Reauthorize an app" section: https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/14467471126802-Authorized-Apps-Wahoo-app

As said before, sync is working fine, so is the connection from/to komoot. Just that the synced routes disappear from time to time either after a reboot or sync.

Edit:
I have just initiated support round #2. I’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

I found that synced routes “disappeared” when I was sorting them by proximity. Change the sort order and bingo, they reappeared. It seems to happen when there’s a poor GPS signal.

To clarify - the Roam showed (0) Routes when I knew I had 95 or so. They were visible on the Element app (try checking this) but not on the Roam. It drove me crazy. Try changing the sort order.

1 Like