Sickness in the middle of plan

Hi guys, I am in Volcano plan now, with like 10 trainings done. Got cold on Saturday and have not been training since. What is the best approach to get back when I feel better? Start Volcano againg as it is relatively short plan? thanks Lukas

1 Like

Sure - you could definitely repeat if you want continuity while you are doing the plan. I have done that due to illness or a mechanical.

However, if you want to pick up where you left off you can also delete the plan on the calendar - all completed workouts will remain. When you are ready to restart select when you want to end rather than start the plan. Pick you end date based on where you want to restart within the plan. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Hi @lukas77, If you have rested and recovered, you should be okay to start back where you left off. Of course with the disclaimer: Make sure that you are rested and recovered before you jump back in!

1 Like

Hey Cody, thanks for your reply. The thing is - my last training was Friday, Saturday the sickness started and I am still feeling bad. I think I can write off full this week, which made me thinking whether it would not be better to start over. Thanks!

PS I love Sufferfest. I tried it all - Zwift, Trainer road, Rouvy, but Sufferfest is a match for me.

1 Like

Ahh I see, @Coach.Suzie.S what would you advise here?

Hey @lukas77,
Sorry to hear about the illness sidelining you, I hope you feel better soon!

I think it’s safe to pick up where you left off if you’re able to get going again within 5 days.

If you’re off for 7-9 days, I’d take a few days to build back in- maybe start with Recharger on Day 1, then take a day off if you feel necessary, but you should be able to move on with Cadence builds, igniter or primers the next day, then either a day off or get back onto your plan where you left off.

If you’re really sick and down for more than 10 days, then you might want to re-start the plan, or just a little more time to build into where you left off.

Does that make sense? For me personally, it’s very hard to jump back into high-intensity training after being off the bike for more than a week. Give this a try and let me know how it goes!

2 Likes