Specific workouts that put me in the action?

Having a tough time here. I keep finding workouts that have me ‘looking’ at the action from cars, motorcycles, pedestrians. All too often the workout requirements don’t match the video from a speed/performance aspect.

Specifically, if you know of any, which workouts include videos captured from the bike rider’s chest/helmet perspective, and which videos best keep the perspective in the mode vs. a spectator of a race? I’m having a really tough time staying interested. I’m thinking of having Sufferfest working the training, but of minimizing it (if it works that way) to perhaps watch proper cyclist-perspective videos - which is a shame.

Thank you.

Team Scream is my favourite.

1 Like

Norway, the Chores, even open 40 and Hong Kong Criterium.
The newer videos tend to have way more on bike footage as it is available nowadays. Have fun

2 Likes

The Rookie, TBTITW, Joyride

2 Likes

Thank you, all! I look forward to trying each one of them out.

GCN got it, from the one training I did of theirs. It was an interesting mix of two of them indoors (Hank and Emma), and apparently Chris Opie bike-centered footage where he was climbing for the ‘recovery’ parts, and sprint-climbing for the effort-parts. It was refreshing to at least have that.

For the money we all agreed to pay, I would hope that bike-centered (chest camera, perhaps, ideally) would be coming fast and furious.

I would even be OK with a number of the current workouts having two flavors - as originally edited, and then a new version of the same workouts with race / workout footage that best matches the pace, perspective, etc. of what we’re expected to be doing on our trainers. For any long-term SF subscribers, this might be a welcome change to the workouts they’ve built themselves on.

1 Like

Going to do the the list, perhaps in order.

Did Team Scream this evening - wow. 10 out of 10 visuals, 10 / 10 music.

Thank you.

8 Likes

never be shy to ask :slight_smile:

Righto - just did Norway. It was good.

Not sure if I have a setting that is off, but Norway didn’t hold me to any cadence, so it was sorta like cheating (allowing me to average 100 RPM, and that’s with ~88 RPM warm-up for the first six minutes, and final-two-minutes cool down).

Yes. Since Norway is a racing sim, there are no cadence targets. You get to ride the cadence that feels good to you. I enjoyed that part of Norway.

4 Likes

Thank you - I’ll mark it as an open-cadence design, and remember that for days that I just want to spin.