Storming the Castle/ Raising funds for Qhubeka Charity

Hi All Sufferlandrians

I’ve spent some time preparing for and surveying different routes and did a reconnaissance on Saturday (and Sunday really …) - deep within the last one minute all-out sprint of The Trick I believe I caught a glimpse of The Castle thus I believe it time for my official announcement:

I shall start my journey at dawn on Saturday 10 July and plan to make The Castle by nightfall. My journey will be raising funds for Qhubeka Charity

This is the route I (most likely) will be taking. If anyone feels there will be too much carnage along the way please advise!

Yours in suffering
Craig

9 Likes

That looks nasty - very good. :innocent:

I especially like the mid section leading into #7: Angels - The Trick - Who dares. Aces!

You are going to crush it!

Thanks Sir Pierre

I don’t think there’s a way of it not being nasty. I love Who Dares and find it really engaging. Hopefully the Aces leading into it will keep me feeling that way!

1 Like

Well that just looks…gruesome.

:grimacing:

Very best wishes!

Thanks

Finished the Prep Plan and my Garmin Edge tells me I’m “peaking” - good to know as my Journey to The Castle starts in the morning, raising funds along the way for Qhubeka, a charity using bicycle donation to do great work in South Africa. (Please click on the link if you want to find out more/ offer support.) See you at The Castle just after nightfall!

3 Likes

The Journey has begun. Thin Air and The Chores done. Onto Attacker now.

2 Likes

Onto Do as you’re told #4

2 Likes

Onto #5 Angels. First workout I did on entering Sufferlandria

2 Likes

#6 The Trick

2 Likes

I couldn’t type at this point. Good work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks

Onto Power Station. #7

Biting …

2 Likes

I just woke up - to the sound of you crushing it!
Looking strong. Keep on top of nutrition and hydration.

You’ve got this! :muscle:

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

3 Likes

Butter was tough. Into Who dares at #9. MTP …

1 Like

I can see the Castle and it’s surrounded by GOATs. #10

1 Like

GOAT crushed me in the Prep Plan - I was always going to return the favour at #10!

Lower the drawbridge - here I come on my cooldown!!!

1 Like

Thanks to fellow Sufferlandrians for key tips - they really came in useful. Shoes off after each ride, fresh socks, Ironing board as food table, no long efforts at that end.

I thought 8 and 9 were going to bury me!

Thank you

3 Likes

Congratulations…SIR!

qKPQS7J

2 Likes