SUF Beta Testers... Who wants to come play in the flogging pit?

I think I did more FFs in those couple of months than I’ve done since :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Cody.Moore , what is the deadline you have in mind to close the application and notify the (approved) applicants?

1 Like

Is there any way for me to review my application after submitting it?

1 Like

I’ll probably leave it open for now! We had quite a few applicants so those that we bring on will probably be brought on in a couple of different groups over the next month or so. We will be in touch if you made the cut! Thanks @SantiagoB!

1 Like

Unfortunately, not, but if you have concerns just shoot me a message here and we can work through them.

1 Like

Cant remember if I put down that I use RGT Cycling and Elite’s MyEtraining apps as well.

1 Like

Hi all, just chiming in to provide you all with an update on new recruits to the Flogging Pit AKA, our beta testing forums.

We had nearly 200 applications and most, if not all, fit the bill for what we are looking for in a new flogging pit member. Alas, there weren’t enough spots in our program to invite you all (at this time), and so we had to make some tough calls on who to welcome into the fold. In many cases it came down to some key areas we identified as a team to be absent or under-represented in our current pool of testers. If you made it in - congrats! - we’ll be seeing a lot more of each other’s bleeding eyes. If you didn’t receive an invite this time around… first of all, thanks for your interest in helping us improve our apps and, secondly, don’t lose faith, we’ll certainly be recruiting more testers in the future!

With that said, I’ve just sent an email to 30 recruits, so if you filled out Cody’s form, please check your inbox for something from me - Jared McClintock. :smiling_imp:

Thanks again
IWBMATTKYT

6 Likes

Congrats to those selected! I’ll be waiting,… patiently, suffering in my paincave corner, till I’m deemed worthy enough for Mr Grunter von Agony.

2 Likes

Congrats as in ‘I envy you for the prolongued suffering that particpating in a(ny) beta prgram means’? I.e. more fiddling before it works, breakdowns mid-ride when it does and cursing at all other possible sources of annoyance - sorry, I mean: joy - etcetera…

Why is the question about Knighthood in there? Just curious.

1 Like

Fair question! Here’s why I put that question in the form:

• My research showed that recruiting from too narrow (and, conversely, too broad) of a demographic or type of user is likely to skew the feedback we’d receive
  • I used ‘Knights’ as a shorthand way of identifying die-hard users with a particular relationship to the brand, the app and the community
  • We wanted to recruit this category of beta tester because they are representative of the mindset of many of the athletes here, but not to the exclusion of other willing volunteers who were a better fit (based on their naivety with the app/brand, devices, trainers, etc.)

While Knights are not a monolithic group, each being a uniquely BADASS snowflake, it served as a jumping-off point to help with the decision-making process. I hope this clears things up :beers:

2 Likes

Should we feel offended for being called snowflakes? :thinking: :rofl:

Us Knights, we do NOT melt on the slopes of Mt. Sufferlandria! :metal::sunglasses:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

“Snowflakes” but in the old way, before the term was taken over to become insulting :wink:

2 Likes

Agreed! I know no offense was meant and it was being used in its context of uniqueness. I was just trying to be funny, which really isn’t something I’m good at. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

All good Sir :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

You meant lava snow flake, right?

4 Likes

Naturally

2 Likes

Is there still a chance to be a beta tester?

Hey @Jack_Haddad, I’m sure that we can find some room for you. @gpsjared (who manages the group) is on holiday right now but I’ve passed your message along to him.

In the meantime, please feel free to fill out the form that is linked up at the top. That way he has all of your info right out of the gate.

1 Like

@Jon

Great write-up! As someone who had worked for a S/W company for 20 years we were required to do Alpha and Beta testing of code and at times, seemed to hinder those that were also trying to support end users with released code.

1 Like