Want to volunteer as a SYSTM beta tester? Apply within!

G’day everyone :wave:

We’re looking to bolster the ranks of our beta program (affectionately known as the Flogging Pit) with a batch of new recruits.

If you’re keen to help us build a better app through feedback, bug reporting and early access to features and content, then this is the opportunity for you!

To take the first step in the application process, please :point_right: start here :point_left:

More about the Flogging Pit

What is it?

A diverse group of SYSTM athletes happy to volunteer time and perspective on the SYSTM app

Who makes a good SYSTM beta tester?

Someone who interacts with the app a few to several times a week, is comfortable expressing their perspective in an online community and is respectful of the perspective of their fellow testers.

Bonus points if you…

• Complete multiple cycling, yoga, strength/mobility et al activities
  • Schedule your own activities or use a training plan (as needed)
  • Have experience with other platforms and services, such as Zwift, FulGaz, TrainerRoad and the like

Where does the Flogging Pit live?

We use a similar but separate Discourse forum, so the format should be familiar to you. You’ll receive further instruction about our process if you’re invented to join the program

What’s in it for me?

Beyond gaining early access to features and content and helping us make improvements to the existing offering, you’re eligible for a free subscription after 3 months of concerted participation. The subscription remains valid for the duration of your engagement with the beta program. Not bad, eh?

How do I apply?

:point_right: START HERE :point_left:

When will I find out if I’ve been accepted?

Applications close on the 21st of October. Onboarding into the program will begin the following week.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to comment below. Looking forward to working with some of you soon!

12 Likes

So, if I can’t really participate for a few months, can I or should I still try to sign up? I’ll be busy with a new house we just bought dealing with that and moving so don’t expect to get on the trainer for a couple of months. Otherwise, it sounds right up my alley as I’m regularly opining and otherwise weighing in in these forums, have experience with other platforms going back 10+ years, and have a professional background in UI and technical product design.

2 Likes

Apply.
Do what you can when you can with what they put forward.
Nothing to lose.

3 Likes

Just Do It™

1 Like

Go for it. Do what you can. The best work can be just watching a video or starting up the program and looking around. There’s lots to be examined.

3 Likes

Sent my application in. Hopefully I get it.

2 Likes

There’s a flogging pit? Sign me up!

@gpsjared

I think I encountered a bug in my application to becoming a beta tester :D.

I have not received the email that was promised at the end of the form. My Wahoo and communications email is the same, so I left page D blank, as I was told by the form.

Should I reapply?

1 Like

I didn’t receive any email either, and didn’t expect to. In the post here it said onboarding would occur after the 21st if accepted.

1 Like

I expected an confirmation email, because that’s what the last page of the survey promises me ;).

1 Like

I also failed to receive a confirmation, although I did the application on my phone as a passenger in a moving car on a bumpy highway, so I assumed I had mistyped my email address and was going to repeat the process if nothing shows up by Tuesday…

1 Like

Ah, great catch. Almost like you’d make an excellent beta tester or something…

This was a mistake on my part, I didn’t enable that functionality (email confirmation) upon form submission. It won’t be necessary to re-submit, but don’t stress if you have submitted a second application, better safe than sorry. cc @jcolp @CraigM

2 Likes

Thanks to the over 150 applicants who have volunteered for the Flogging Pit. I’ve disabled the form and no new applicants will be accepted at this time.

I will review each application and begin reaching out to candidates in blocks of 25. Don’t panic if you don’t hear from me straight away, I’ll be welcoming new testers over the next few weeks.

Have a great weekend :partying_face:

15 Likes

Anyway you can make an exception and add me since I only saw this post now, two days late? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

1 Like

Sorry, no can do - but I’ll see how we go with the batch of applicants already in the hopper and tag you if I need to reopen the applications.

1 Like

Please and thank you!

1 Like

…word on the streets of Agonia is to be careful what you wish for :wink:

7 Likes

Anyone get accepted yet?

Beta testers have to sign an NDA. Or so I’ve heard :wink:

1 Like