🏞️ 🏞️ 🏞️NEW SYSTM CONTENT: On Location - Italian Lakes 🏞️ 🏞️ 🏞️

Introducing On Location: Italian Lakes, a collection of three exhilarating Wahoo SYSTM workouts designed for avid cyclists and adventure enthusiasts. Guided by your host @michael.cotty, you’ll journey through the picturesque landscapes of Italy and Switzerland, where every route promises a unique blend of cycling challenges and epic scenery.

1. Ghisallo - Conquer the iconic Madonna del Ghisallo climb in this rigorous 23.5 km workout. With 670 meters of elevation gain and 11% max gradient, you’ll test your limits against breathtaking views!

2. Lugano - Navigate a challenging 20-minute ascent above Lake Lugano, alternating cadence, followed by a sprint and a scenic descent. You’ll experience the cultural treasures and historic villages of the region along the way.

3. San Vitale to Ponte Tresa - Venture into Italy’s iconic Varese region! Along this 19.5 km route, we’ll mix in 10-second sprints to keep you challenged while soaking in the stunning landscapes.

You can also check your progress towards the badge here!

Whether you’re seeking a test of endurance, a cadence challenge, or a sprinting adventure, this series invites you to embrace the joy of cycling against the backdrop of Italy’s and Switzerland’s most captivating lakeshores.

NB: If you don’t see these new workouts, just log-out and then back in to the app and they should be at the top of your library.

37 Likes

Mama Mia! Let’s-a-Go!

2 Likes

Two typos on the workout description: SYSTM

“Madonna del Gonzalo” climb probably doesn’t exist though it’s referenced twice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fantastic stuff again team!

:+1::grinning::+1:

2 Likes

+++

Looking forward to these rides!

2 Likes

I don’t see Gonzalo in the description.

I see Madonna del Ghisallo (mispelled once ((edit: twice, lol)) as Ghizallo) which does exist :man_shrugging:

Edit2: Oh, in Sir Rupert’s description, lol! okie dokie then. I will show myself out…

2 Likes

Gonzalo was on the app for a bit until corrected (well, kinda). Poor guy got dropped…maybe he’s The Colombian?

3 Likes

Thanks for flagging, typos should be resolved now

3 Likes

Just did Italian Lakes: Ghisallo. Early in the ride Mike Cotty says this is a tough ride. Let me say ’ this is a tough ride. Enjoy the suffering! :sweat:

6 Likes

He wasn’t lying! Those nineteen minutes of over-unders are pretty intense.

5 Likes

Agree. Especially how they increased in intensity from 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3. Nasty little trick.

5 Likes

More Mike. Hopefully, there is a way to closed caption Mike’s voice overs? It appears they are at a way lower volume across all of the On Location videos.

5 Likes

ALL speech “should” have text options as an accessibility feature.

4 Likes

Not that this will come as any surprise but the “10-second sprints” … aren’t.

1 Like

Glad to see the Sufferlandrian time minions messing about with other content.

4 Likes

Are you sure this video is Sir Michael Cotty? @michael.cotty My guide around Lugano sounded like him, but stayed seated the whole ride, except for around 1:30 on the final summit. And when he commanded “Up! Up! Up!”, this guide was referring to RPM and not for me to get out of the saddle.

Quite an enjoyable ride, though, and looking forward to the next two.

5 Likes

I just did the ride, too, and was completely shocked by it. I think he needs to do another video where not only he stands for the entire climb but he makes us stand as well…

Is that something you think you could … stand? Ba dum tss.

3 Likes

Finished the three last night. Some very good workouts here. I like it! :sweat:

I Brooke just did the ride, too, and was completely shocked by it. I think he needs to do another video where not only he stands for the entire climb but he makes us stand as well…

1 Like