The KOS Honor Roll

I feel the Facebook group includes a lot more people because it’s more easily accessible simply because a lot of people already use FB and it’s easy to just add a new group. But a lot fewer people are willing or even know to go to the forums and add a forum account to join the forums. It’s a matter of ease and proximity.

So while the Facebook group feels more inclusive with more people, it feels too easy for random people with all the problems that comes with fb. While the forum feels more intimate with fewer people who have actually made the choice to be here and have more of a reason to be kinder with fewer of the fb issues. It does feel different in good and bad ways. It doesn’t have most of the fb issues, but does include a much smaller percentage of users and can feel a bit like an OG club at times.

Nothing will fit everyone. Never will. I use both for different reasons.

I too wish there was a more obvious and prominent place for Sufferlandria which has seemed to have been pushed off to the side by Wahoo. It is supposed to mean something. Some thing more than just a post in a forum. Something worth fighting for to get it back out into the open and promoted in a much more prominent and meaningful way.

7 Likes

Legally is there an issue with setting up a free Wordpress or similar blog page and posting it all on there? We can access most of the content thru the internet archives. Would need some pretty dedicated citizens to maintain it.

5 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. It would be great to see the information available somewhere public.

Count me in.

4 Likes

Hey Sir @David.McQuillen.KoS
Can we take all the historic Sufferfest pages from the Way Back Machine and host them ourselves please?
Can you include a link to our hosted page in the Wahoo’s lone, lowkey Sufferlandria page?
If Wahoo says no, can we launch our collection of shredded chamois in their general direction?

12 Likes

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:
I’m in! before our history and culture disappears forever we Sufferlandrians need to do something about it. and please re-introduce the Certificate of Citizenship :pray:

8 Likes

If the honour roll does become community managed then I could volunteer to sort out a database and front end for it. Not saying that it should be or that I would, just, well, if and could.

9 Likes

and the test :slight_smile:

3 Likes

of course

3 Likes

I just took a look at mine Dame Isi, and the minions who made it spelled honour wrong. Dang minions!

1 Like

never noticed but you’re right :scream:

1 Like

Surely you meant “Honor”. BTW, I never got a certificate for my knighthood. Dang minions!

1 Like

Nope. Honour :slight_smile:
As for your certificate Sir @Sir_Brian_M, did you not get it in the email from Sir Cody when your Knighthood was approved? I still have that email. Contained within is the original PDF signed by his nibs, GvA himself :heart:

4 Likes

I probably did, but I didn’t realize it was attached. And I no longer have that email.

1 Like

Hmmmm. Well u know what u gotta do to get a new email then right? :smiling_imp:

Yes to this!

3 Likes

Yup. I’ll email the minions and have them resend the original!

1 Like

:thinking:

2 Likes

So… while I have been in the forums since their inception… I have not even come on to check things out until just now. We do have a fb group, individually managed by a few Knights… with controlled entry. From my initial scans here, it seems that the Wahoo Message Board might actually be a bit more active (until the ToS comes around). Also, Wahoo manages this board… and the FB group is just some volunteers (myself included)

3 Likes

Yes, the Knights groups is controlled access and not very active. But the main Sufferfest group on FB is open and quite active.

2 Likes