The Suffering Socks of Sufferlandria

Sir…you must have a warehouse to store all of your socks. @DameLisa will be most jelly!

2 Likes

Lol Sir @ronburgundy! Methinks it’s me who envies @DameLisa’s collection :wink:

I’ve basically got 24 pairs from my time in the GCN CC and a few others from before. I think it’s Dame Lisa who needs the extra storage space.

1 Like

I blame this thread-after Gorge de la nesque I ended up on the aventir website ready to buy those socks. Kidding, that workout was too hard for me today.
But very cool socks!

2 Likes

<< frantically searches for aventir website >>
<< finds nothing >>

:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Here is a sample shot I took of my collection 3 years ago. It has grown a wee bit more since then:

And then my sock pic for today, I was chatting to a friend about a ride we did together last year and he rememberer how my socks matched the bridges on the bike path. Luckily, I had taken a photo:

10 Likes

NICE!! The collection sure, but those black and yellow socks are the bees knees!

2 Likes

They’re pretty cool socks. Sort of have to wear black kit with them so I only wear them when being visible is not a mega high priority.

1 Like

You may have to avert your gaze if we ever get to ride together. My socks will always match my shoes (black) but rarely match my kit.

shame-gameofthrones

3 Likes

As long as your bibs are black! Or navy! And not worn to thin opaqueness then you can wear what you want. Can also find you some glorious hills. How about 3000m of climbing over 200km of riding?

3 Likes

Totally down for the climbing. and the distance. Not to keen on the fight or the cost to get there

Yep it’s a long way admittedly. You’d have to come for months and travel all over to make it really worth while

Shame on me! Check them out here

2 Likes

Now there’s a great post for today! Great collection, you can really choose according to mood!

1 Like

Such good socks!!

And yep, I definitely wear socks according to my mood. Both on and off the bike. I have a whole other sock collection for off the bike

1 Like

No worries. i am often misplaced :wink:

Nice socks tho!

1 Like

Yes please! I’m doing Horribly Hilly Hundreds this summer:

The 200K option of the HHH offers 124.2 miles of riding. You’ll climb 40 significant rises, from 50-foot bumps to the 910-foot final climb, for a total of 10,700 feet of elevation gain

1 Like

Okay…I bow to the Queen!! I am a mere pleb as my sock choices consist of black or white (@Glen.Coutts cuts down on the mismatch!) I fear @DameLisa I would end up distracted and in a ditch while trying to hold your wheel!!

1 Like

Quality mismatch is the master sock choice. :+1::grin:

My wheel isn’t too hard to hold these days

1 Like

Do these socks make my legs look fast? :wink:

6 Likes

Yes!!!

1 Like