The Suffering Socks of Sufferlandria

My latest contribution from a 77km (split over 2 days) gravel ride with my sprogs

7 Likes

had to google sprogs, lol! What socks were they wearing?

Hahaha indeed! They were wearing pretty random socks. My son doesn’t do cool socks. My daughter does on ocassion.

2 Likes

I bet sock vendors could be paying some of you for promotional photos. How are you even getting these pics?! Love it.

2 Likes

Ok. TWO pair of SIDIs?? :muscle:

I admittedly sometimes get sent free cycling socks :smiling_face: I also can’t be giving away all my photo taking secrets :innocent:

One for road one for gravel.

1 Like

Why Not??

My thoughts exactly!

When I first read this, I thought, what the heII are scent free socks :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Sooooo cool!

Haha! It’s okay, I’m sure the Sufferlandrian fairy, that ties itself to your handlebars with dental floss and swings out wide to grab action shots while you’re in motion, doesn’t want the whole world to know it exists.

3 Likes

Dang you figured it out! :rofl:

1 Like

@DameLisa you’ll have to head across the Ditch for The Devil’s Cardigan in late June - 95km with 2300m of climbing. You’ll love it!

https://www.devilscardigan.com.au/coursedetails

Love your sock collection btw!

2 Likes

yeah but also vice versa :laughing:

2 Likes

Thanks Craig! And that looks awesome. I actually am rubbish at climbing unless it’s just the right gradient. Sometimes my 4DP says I am a climber…madness :rofl:

1 Like

You’re lucky @DameLisa that it’s just climbing you’re rubbish at. All my 4DPs put me quite clearly at rubbish across the board - balanced​:rofl::rofl::rofl:. I’m a lightweight and live in the hills (I live at the base of an HC climb) and “enjoy” climbing although gravel climbs are a different beast so the Devil’s Cardigan will no doubt be a challenge. After hitting a few 18, 19% sections over the weekend I’ve ordered a 10-50 to go with my 40 chainring (1x, currently 10-42) - I’m hoping to have that in time for the Devil’s Cardigan. Years ago on my road bike I changed from a semi-compact with 11-28 to 11-30 - what a difference that slight difference makes.
PS Love not only your sock collection but also your Bombtrack - almost landed up with a Bombtrack Hook Ext C but the 2 in stock were either side of my size.

3 Likes

Certainly not after the ride!

2 Likes

Oh I am gutted you couldn’t get one. That’s exactly what I ride and it is an INSANE bike! Does absolutely everything and has gotten me out of trouble a heap of times. And is such fun to ride. The stock BB is a bit rubbish, I got 2,000km out of it and just replaced it with a ChrisKing…man it rides beautifully now! Obviously I use it for bikepacking and gravel rides, but it also shifts reasonably quickly on the road…would be quicker with 700c wheels and slicks and a bigger chainring but still clips along at 30km/h in it’s currebt setup with a load on. Have also taken MTBing up to grade 4. Is way more capable than the rider. Quite fun doing some mad stuff on a fully rigid and drop bars. Freaks the FS riders right out, hahaha

2 Likes

Apologies for the slight digression. Please accept this photo as my most sincere apology!

Socks: Sublime Heroics
Shoes: Sidi
Greenery: NZ

8 Likes

Herewith my apology - mine from this morning’s workout. Have to have some goat socks …

5 Likes

Well, if you’re gonna do a boring AF indoor endurance ride (on Z)) you might as well bring some class to your game.

10 Likes